Dunn Benson Dragstrip Test n/Tune

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

This looks like fun. It's about 20 mi. from here, due south of Benson:

http://www.dunnbensondragstrip.com/index.html

I may have to take my Z-REX (...or perhaps my wife's Sienna minivan!) down there and roast a tire.

Looks like fun!

BTW, I see that they have a crew that takes 'glamour shots' for gearheads:

http://www.meecedigitalmedia.com/

*Note: I'm NOT affiliated with -or knowledgeable of- either business. You're on your own!

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We are there every Thursday night. Its a lot of fun. We are gonna have a vette out there in a few weeks.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My 18yr old has been down there on Thursdays the last couple of weeks and loves it!

4. Gomer Pyle

So, what's the deal? Tell me more!

I couldn't get a whole lotta info from the website. Is Thursday Test n' Tune night? $5 a head for admission and just $5 to run?

5. Tangerine

Yes its $5 admission and $5 to run. You can BYOB.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What happens if you wreck your vehicle while racing? Does insurance companies pay for damages done while racing? I never got around to carrying any of my Mustangs out there, although I thought about a time or two.

7. Tangerine

I seriously doubt your insurance company will pay for damages if you tell them you were drag racing.

8. Gomer Pyle

I have to believe that Tangerine is right on the money.

There are probably a thousand ways that people defraud their insurance companies but if one wants race insurance their are probably insurance companies that cover it.

On the flip side, a lot of MC riders rip their insurance cos for track or stuntin' accidents, but I think a street car on the strip is probably pretty safe unless you're packin' some serious heat..IMHO.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

That's what I've heard before, too. However, I wonder how many people either take the risks or are ignorant to the consequences of incurred damage while racing. Like you said GP...I think Dunn-Benson is just a 1/8 mile strip so you're not able to get up to serious speed with most street legal cars. However, nothing saying that a person can't have a freak accident or if you're running with someone in the next lane, they aren't going to cross over on you. This is likely what keeps a lot of kids away from the track and racing on the street.

10. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Great place

We took our son last year and he loved it (He is only eight). Our friends raced a car out there and he had a blast watching him and the rest of the cars. He still talks about going out there. I believe the weather is way to hot right now though!