Birthday Cake Recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

Could anyone recommend someone who makes a good birthday cake? Not looking to spend a fortune either.
    Thanks.

2. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Cleveland Cake & Coffee :)

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Round two....:beathorse:

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:popcorn:

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

seriously???? after all the crap went on and the thread that the owner got deleted because it was negative, i would never ever recommend or even refer anyone there:confused:

7. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

I have liked the cakes from Lowes. Good and not too expensive.

8. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Lowes foods! care to comment KDC?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Heck no. I ain't riding the drama llama on this again!! I think you missed the last one. Call me later and I'll tell ya all about it. :jester:

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I LOVE Bj's cakes with whipped creme frosting. Light and fluffy!

11. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: thats all i use!

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Cleveland Cake and Coffee, behind Smithfields chicken and BBQ. Got a cake done just yesterday for a party at work, red velvet, it was dee-lish. I have used them a dozen times and always been happy. they can decorate it anyway you like too, all they need is a picture or your idea!

Lowes Red Velvet is good too, haven't tried any of the other flavors though.

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Food lion fresh cakes are pretty good. And the head decorator at 210 is really talented.

14. cece

cece Well-Known Member

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Not a birthday cake, but we recently bought a Tres Leches cake from the Lowes at Hwy 50 and 42. It was delicious! Very moist and light and beautifully decorated with a whipped icing and fresh fruit on top. I've never had this type of cake before but will definitely get it again!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

support our local fellow poster - JustAnotherMom has baked & decorated cakes for many of the posters and they are each unique and delicious and her prices are great:cheers:

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

is that the same one that quite a few people said they had to throw away cause the cake was so bad? Or was that the one in Clayton owned by the same people?

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Both locations are owned by the same people.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem with them so count me out of the p-ing contest. All the baking is done in the Clayton store, but I pick my orders up at the 42 store, it's more convenient.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I hope CC&CC remembers my birthday. WEDNESDAY!!!

I could go for some FREE samples again. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

TIA!