Furniture Question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by OmniOne1, Jul 7, 2010.

1. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Where are some good places to find some very very inexpensive furniture.

I am in need of a new couch, matching chair, end tables, book shelves, and dining room table.

Not looking for anything super awesome. But would like to find some inexpensive furniture to hold me over until I can purchase what I really want. Any ideas of places? Thanks!

2. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

If you're looking for used furniture, try Craigslist. If you want new furniture, Rooms to Go is probably the best place.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Big Lots sells a lot of low end furniture.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Big Lots does have nice furniture! Furniture Salvage in Smithfield on the 70 is good too.

5. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

I pretty much furnished by whole apartment just from craigslist and couldn't be happier with the money it saved me!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH and I have often wished Craigslist was around when we were first starting out. I can't believe some of the things on there and sometimes there is even decent looking furniture for free. I would think that searching for on CL would be prefererable to "disposable" furniture. I know when I'm ready to replace my bedroom suite, I'm going to be looking for a nice antique set and I'll start there. At least it will have some personality rather than all the look-alike stuff out there now. But that is just my personal preference.:cheers:

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

FYI, furniture doesnt have to be all matchey matchey anymore.
    If you found a nice couch you liked, you could get a cream colored chair, I have a chair and 1/2 with ottoman if you are interested, I'll ask DH what he wants for it. It came from Whitley Galleries in Zebulon and HARDLY ever sat on since the furniture downstairs was never used. :?

Let me know.

I have a kitchen table with 6 chairs that I can't get rid of, maybe one day I'll use it again.

8. harleygirl

9. harleygirl

10. harleygirl

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  11. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

Big lots!! We spent 2 days going around to different furniture stores and ended up going back to big lots. We bought a sectional sofa, recliner, and ottoman and couldn't be happier. The price was awesome too!

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

The new Big Lots in Garner opens tomorrow. It was supposed to open today but the ad we received in the paper says tomorrow.

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Enquiring minds want to know.........WHERE???? :confused:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Where the old Walmart was on 401.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Contact steve. He is a furniture salesman.

17. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We purchased Broyhill bedroom set for DD from Big Lots. Quality stuff, inexpensive. BL guy at New Bern Ave store told me new one is already open, just haven't had the Grand Opening yet.

18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You might try Ormond's in Selma on Pollock Street. Some of their furniture used to be priced competitively. I do agree, however, that Big Lots often has pretty decent furniture for the money. I'd suggest though you check the springs and frame of any chair or sofa you buy. If its not relatively substantial, it's going to get ragged with wear. Years ago, we bought a really decent sofa from Helig-Meyers when they were in business for about $300. It wasn't a well-known name brand and after a couple of years, the cushions were beginning to sag and the springs slightly stretched. We bought a Benchcraft Chaise from Ormonds for $500 and we still have it. Its still like new. I guess furniture is a lot like every thing else. You get what you pay for.

19. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

I have a really nice couch at my moms for sale. She paid over 1500 for it and it is a whopping two years old. Looks brand new - no one ever sat on the thing because my dad stayed in the den and my mom sat in her chair. It is a neutral color with burgandy stripes and a floral print. lol looks better then it sounds...
    I sold the chairs already.. sorry. It is in fuquay..I am empting out the rest of the house too. Heck the House is for sale also. 140,000
    Holler if anyone interested

oh I'd take 350.00

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a Benchcraft sectional we bought in 93 that still sits and looks good. Well, it's sits better than it looks :lol:, it's been moved 8 times and one of them was cross country on a flatbed courtesy of the USAF. The back was torn off at the bottom of one piece and it was soaked when we got it back. Had an upholstry shop fix it, dried out and we still use it daily. I don't know many brands that could have withstood that kind of abuse. It's going to be replaced soon, since DS is older now and the pup no longer is in the chewing phase. :cheers: More than likely it will be another Benchcraft.