OLD DRUG STORE RESTAURANT/YOKOHAMA SUSHI

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I have a simple question.....What is it about sushi that is apealing?

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

LBJ needs to close if they are going to continue to serve minors.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL...first I fixed the spelling for you. Secondly, it is the only way I'll eat most fish. I personally hate anything that has a fishy taste such as cooked fish, but will eat the heck out of some sashimi style fish. Secondly is it's better and more healthy for you than fried foods.

Much like cooking a steak.....it looses it's nutritional value the longer/more it's cooked.

And lastly for me personally.....I just like it's fresh taste and being able to try different items. Example.....squid actually has no taste and if you can get past the texture then it's not bad, but you wouldn't know that unless you tried squid sashimi or sushi, because I guarantee you ain't going out and buying a whole squid without knowing what it tastes like.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it's one of the most unique, delicious flavors, ever. It's also very healthy. Just go with someone that knows sushi, and go with an open mind, you will become a fan, I guarantee it. Don't get preoccupied with the "raw" fish idea...it's not what it is.

Anybody who drives a ferrari has to like sushi....come one now....8)

5. CraigSPL

Or horse meat......:lol:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d7tKsre8EQ&feature=player_embedded

7. Sydney

Sydney Well-Known Member

I would still be wary about trying the sushi with the raw fish myself. I don't like fish that is cooked, so I definitely stay away from the raw stuff. Also, I don't feel like getting a stomach full of parasites, lol. I eat any other kind of sushi though (with shrimp, or 'vegetarian' types'). I tend to like western style sushi more than the pure Japanese (at least from what I had).

Also, every time I pass this restaurant, it seems closed, especially at night. Is it gone for good? I was meaning to stop by but never had the time.

8. CraigSPL

Was watching Food network the other day where they had a Chefs vs. City and had a stop shere they were eating fresh raw octopus tenacles.......that were still moving as they had to pick out an octopus then the tentacles were cut off and placed on a plate.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That is a little much for me! I don't want it moving.

For a few years I swore off eating octopus, in light of how intelligent they are, but then I realized I love sausage and I don't care how smart a pig is, its bacon to me. :mrgreen:

10. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Uggghh, I had to turn it when that part came on. LOL I love spicy tuna rolls and salmon rolls (both raw) but the tentacles moving on tv made me shiver and still makes me shiver! LOL

11. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

What happened with the ODS/Yokohama? Is John going to open up somewhere else?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQGbK6tTZrM&feature=player_embedded :jester:

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

What's the Latest? I am outta the Loop. I was told by a co-worker that there was "WORK" being done at ODS this week... what's the scoop 40/42-ers?

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep, 2 guys from Bahama Breeze are totally redoing everything and gonna open it back up, hopefully mid August:hurray::hurray:

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

That place is doomed no matter who opens up there.

16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

So in other words the new owners have already closed the place. Its only been open how long? a month maybe two

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO:lol::lol: Actually DH stopped by there last week and knew one of the guys doing the remodeling and then i confirmed it and got the ok to talk about it from a "mutual" friend:cheers:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

From what i understand not their choice but that is what happens when the bills don't get paid

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it's actually quite successful being a produce stand....non-stop traffic in and outta there. It would be my vote they just stay there. :mrgreen:

20. CraigSPL

While not a bad building the location could be a little better with the way the area has grown.