Birthday Cake Recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by canesfan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

BJ's has some yummy cakes. Various flavor cakes w/ a couple of different kinds of filling. A half sheetcake was around $20. They can write on it while u wait or u can order something special in advance (edible images, etc. I think they are about 5 bucks more). I also agree that Just Another Mom makes the BEST cakes. She just did a sassy leopard print for my bday! Deep chocolate cake w/ white choc butter cream frosting!

2. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

I've always had good luck with Food Lion bakery cakes. Every one that I have purchased from them has been fresh and moist. Love their buttercream frosting!!

3. rrgreennc

rrgreennc Well-Known Member

4. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

If you hadn't got your cake yet ,try the newer flea market on the right going
    out 301 s out of smithfield , across from the older one
    there's a lady and her daughter that makes cakes and sells them at the front inside building,, ummmm, great cakes,, tell her you want to try a (better than sex cake)(real name):lol:

you will thank me for turning you on to these cake masters

5. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I am also NOT a fan of Cleveland Cake & Coffee. We've ordered from them twice, because they had gotten good reviews at the time. I was a bit annoyed when the full-sheet cake that I ordered half chocolate and half vanilla was made so that the top half was vanilla and the bottom chocolate (as opposed to side by side so that people could choose one or the other). But on top of that the cake was dry and bland. The second time I ordered two smaller cakes (to ensure I got flavors that were not layered) and both cakes were dry and not very tasty. The teenagers that work there were very nice when we ordered and the decorating was good. I didn't bother complaining (and I don't think I've ever seen an adult working there). You win some and you lose some, and the kids pretty much just ate the icing and were happy.

I love the Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cakes. For sheet cakes, I agree that BJ's are good. I've also ordered sheet cakes from the Walmart on 42 that were good. I now take my kids to both places and choose based on the designs offered, since the taste and prices are comparable. And my kids are still young enough to want popular kid designs.

6. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

7. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

I noticed the same thing it was deleted,I tryed looking for it too.:iagree:

8. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I went to a birthday party that had a Cleveland birthday cake. I thought the decoration was great! I knew it was going to taste great too. Well it was dry and tasted funny. I know they say that they don't use preservatives or whatever anymore. We'll they need to start back! It was nasty and I felt really bad for the person hosting the party.

What does it matter about the preservatives with all the sugar in the icing? It's a birthday cake, might as well fill it with sugar and all that good stuff.

Order one from Lowes foods.

9. smellarat

smellarat Well-Known Member

agree,,

10. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I ordered one from Sam's for my Stepmother's 70th Birthday this weekend. I'll report back after the taste test. :)

11. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

12. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

13. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

The Sam's club cake was very good and decorated nicely. I ordered the marble one and the way it came out there were some pieces mostly vanilla and some pieces mostly chocolate. Everyone was happy that they could choose the flavor they like. It was really moist and fresh. Oh and less than $17.00!

14. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

I don't know where you could get a cake, maybe at the grocery store, from some of the cake gurus on here(I heard they were good)
    BUT, I don't know when this birthday is, but you need to get in a hurry if it hadn't already come and gone:lol: