Sherry needs our help

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KDsGrandma, Jul 9, 2010.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sherry is in the hospital, and will be there for several more days. She is concerned about her daughter being on her own, and would appreciate some meals being brought in for the DD, and for both of them for a few days after she gets home. If you are willing and able to help, please PM me. The DD doesn't eat red meat, she prefers vegetarian fare but will eat chicken or turkey. Good meal choices include salads, lasagna, bread, sandwich makings, breakfast items. Thanks, I know our 4042 community will pull together as always.

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

if i wasn't leaving town i'd gladly make something....hope sherry gets better soon!

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Just let me know when, where, etc. I will do whatever is needed.

4. Flowergirl

Flowergirl Well-Known Member

Sherry

Sent you a pm

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If anyone wants me to take something TODAY call me and let me know, I"ll be going to visit Sherry @ the hospital about noonish and can drop off items to her DD.

Sorry, I know it's short notice, but I just got off the phone with her.

Sandy
    796-5284 (mobile)

6. KDsGrandma

Thanks, Sandy. My car is in the shop today - the A/C went out in the middle of moving, and I've been driving without A/C all week, so I'm glad the parts are in to fix it but I'm without a car in the meantime. Tell Sherry I'll talk to her soon.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Will do!

Do you need a car to borrow? You can use mine and I'll take the truck.

PS: You'll probably get something in the mail from me today. : )

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  8. KDsGrandma

That's very generous of you! I'm actually looking for a ride back over there this afternoon to pick up my car. I'm not sure when it's going to be ready, but he closes at 3:00 on Saturdays, so I have to get there before 3. That probably doesn't fit your schedule today.

I'll keep an eye out for that mail, I've been thinking about that.

9. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Pls tell Sherry that I am thinking about her...she is a special person around here!

10. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I make a mean Veggie Lasagna and would be happy to put one together-it would provide several meals for two people. With my schedule, Sunday and Monday are the most convenient to prepare it.

Let me know how to get it to Sherry's daughter and if there are any veggies she doesn't care for.

Please tell Sherry I was asking for her & to get well soon

Vickie
    291-9745

11. KDsGrandma

Thanks Vickie, that's one of her favorites. Sunday or Monday would be fine, call me and I'll pick it up when it's ready.

Pat
    413-3633

12. KDsGrandma

Yes, thanks, I did get a ride over there, and I have my car back, but the A/C is still not working right. Guess I'll have to bring it back Monday morning. I do appreciate you checking on me, though, thanks.

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Hope all is well with Sherry and DD. I am out of town this weekend but let me know if there is anything I might be able to do next week.

14. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

KD, I will call you when I get back in town Monday to see how I can help! I have emailed with her but I have no phone service :(

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

KD, sorry my phone dropped our call yesterday...bad area!! I will get something ready for Tuesday and give u a ring. I also talked to the mutual friend I was telling u about and she has been involved. Thanks for helping to look after Sherry. :)

16. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I have a half eaten bag of lettuce that i was going to throw away. Some of it is brown but probably still eatable. Call me if youd like to come pick it up and bring it to sherrys, I will leave it on the front porch.

Gary (456-8621)

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

NY9- Are you for real? Or just plain mean and sarcastic?

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I think he's just an *******.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Busted out of the hospital early and arrived home around lunch today. Thanks to everyone and especially KDs. What a great group of people to help when we are way down.

Once again, thanks, :hurray:
    Sherry

P.S. Thanks to P for looking out to KDs on her car.

20. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Maybe next time webbie posts a boil water notice you will listen?

:jester: