Fitness ...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Jul 16, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OK, so... 5 days straight of laps around the Amelia Ch. Rd. park, crunches, push ups, leg lifts.

Do any of you walk with a partner, no offense to DH, but he walks toooo slow.

What is everybody else doing? I'm getting bored ALREADY. :?

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I walk with ds (well he rides his bike while I walk) but he gets bored real quick and tries to leave me, so most nights I just walk at my house around the property so he can play outside or inside!

3. harleygirl

So I can just come to your house? :lol:

4. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

sure and take ds with you, he will give you a great workout trying to keep up with him :) I just load my mp3 with some good tunes and just try to focus on the results!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a membership to an athletic club..................I've never darkened the door for a workout. And I wonder why I'm out of shape. :lol::lol::lol:

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

is lifting pints of beer a workout?

or how about pushing the gas pedal on the golf cart?

7. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I started walking in my neighborhood in March. It's .8 miles each lap and I started with 2 laps. I walked in the evenings but the heat just got too much (and the bugs!) so switched it to early morning. Now I have four neighbors who have joined me for part of my walk. We walk 3-4 laps at a moderate pace and then I walk much faster another until I have a total of 10 or 11 laps in (~8 miles). I can't believe how much better I feel and how much energy it gives me now. Combined with changing my eating habits, the walking has helped me drop 60+ pounds.

8. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Congrats to everyone on working out, loosing weight - not an easy quick thing. I try to hit the gym in the building where I work at least 5 M-F, then at least 2x's per week, I add Jillian Michael's dvd and if I have any energy left on Sat. and Sun, I do about 8 laps at the park on Amelia Church - I run about 1.5 miles and walk the rest - since I don't have a workout partner, I remember to take my IPOD. I've changed my eating habits, and gave up all fat-free, low-cal and sugar free products, since March, I've ditched the diet soda and and since the end of April, I've lost 33 pounds. I have finally figured out for me that I have trigger factors and sugar is one of them. I've not head any sweets since the end of April and I'm convinced that is the reason I no longer crave anything sweet or even my all-time favorite pasta. I've figured out that my body cannot crave what it does not know. Still have about 30 to go but with what I've lost I feel 100 times better. Speaking of the track around the park, does anyone know what one lap is equal to (i.e., 1/4, 1/2 mile)? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

when i stopped by the parks & rec. building on Amelia Church Rd. I asked the woman at the info desk, and she said it is just a few feet shy of a 1/2 mile.

She said they also have some sort of a future plan to tie into the NC Greenway trails and it will be along Little Creek (the creek that runs along the power lines I think, along 70, behind Lowes Food etc)

11. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

My wife and I do our own separate thing unless we do a family walk thing. I do chin-ups (wife doesn't do them), push-ups, crutches, planks, etc. I walk and cycle mostly alone. I also do basketball for cardio..and just plain fun.

13. harleygirl

So we are ONLY walking a mile and a 1/2? That's lame. :lol:

I'll have to pick up the pace next week and DRAG DH and Buddy. :twisted:

I dance in the living room and it's FREE!! :p

I think I'm gonna try yoga next week.
    Thanks everybody.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Hey, hg...I've got an idea for you and your husband. I'll bet he's sports-minded and my guess is you are too if its the right activity. Why not convince him to take you to a place where you guys can play tennis? From what I understand its a wonderful cardio workout and its more than just aerobics or walking/jogging. That's another activity I'm planning on trying to either get my wife and/or son to try. That's the great thing about basketball. You can do it alone, with others and at various paces to suit your fitness level. Plus, its a youthful activity, much like riding a bicycle. I think reintroducing those types of activities spawn a new outlook on life. It has for me.

15. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I think we have at least one Yoga tape we'll give you. Let us find it and I'll get back to you. Please don't lose anymore weight.

Sherry

16. harleygirl

Yeah, I like the tennis idea, and we aren't terrible.
    They have courts at Amelia Ch Rd Park
    We have rackets but no balls.

I sold my bike to my sister, it just wasnt' safe riding down Cleveland Rd. :?

Sherry, there's a yoga channel on Direct TV somewhere, I'll have to find it today. Thanks for the offer. BTW, you weigh less than I do, so hush :lol::lol:

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

/delete

:twisted:

:jester:

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you and DH are ball-less.....:shock:

THERE! I said what y'all all were thinking!!!

19. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

I walk at the park appox 5 nights a week. I walk from my house (which is approx 1/2 mile, walk 4 to 6 laps depending on how dark it gets, then walk back to the house. I walk about a 14min to 15 min mile pace. I also just started wearing the Sketchers Shape Ups to see if that would help... So if you ever need a walking partner, let me know.. I usually walk by myself....

20. harleygirl

Thanks for the invite, If you go on the weekends, I will take you up on it.

The best time for me to go is in the mornings, I'm there around 7-7:15 usually and hit the track.

For some reason today I could only do 2 laps, my legs were cramping up and I had a BOAT load of water before I walked??? :?

:lol::lol: U BAD!