Power outage

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jul 17, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

We just had a power outage,it lasted for about three hours.
    Even after all these years of living here I still can't get used to how little it takes to have a power outage.
    I've mentioned this before but here it goes again,those power lines should be put in the ground instead of above the ground.
    Every time after a major hurricane there's who knows how much money spend on out of State power crews etc.and in putting the above ground lines back up again,instead part of that money should be used to slowly but surely put the lines in the ground.
    Just because something has has been around for a long time doesn't necessarily make it a good thing.

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

We didn't have an outage, but many trees down and some serious damage sustained to a handful of houses, just off Cornwallis. Some of the taller trees look like they have been twisted in half.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I hope everyone is okay.

Sherry

4. Tardevil

Thank you Sherry. While two houses sustained considerable damage, all seems well. Lots of debris, lots of limbs down, and random trees twisted and broken.

5. AnnetteL

Good to hear that you're fine!

My husband is looking to cut up some trees for fire wood,do you know if there's any hardwood trees among the fallen/damaged ones?
    Thanks!

6. Tardevil

I'm sure the folks in Pleasant Woods would welcome his assistance :~)

7. AnnetteL

Thanks for letting me know!