Hot Dogs,Wieners,Frankfurters,etc.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not to mention you don't have to be "special" to get a BJ's membership unlike Sam's club.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well..............as you all know........I'm real "special" LOL.:jester: I've had a Sam's memberships since 1990. Good grief, that was a long time ago.

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe ;) this fall at the very latest,when it's getting cooler again and I get the urge to cook up some huge pot of sauerkraut (the kind that you cook all day),since what is sauerkraut without the Frankfurters? ;)
    Now all I need is some Applewine!!! http://www.internetwines.com/rws28453.html

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  4. AnnetteL

so I should qualify then ;)

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We are hot dog aficionados, we think. Have eaten dogs all over the world as daddy just loves them. I like the ones where the skin pops when you bite. We only buy Oscar Meyer all beef because I cannot find the exact ones we love so much.

Sneaky Pete's Hot Dogs used to be all over Alabama and we used to eat them before going to a Bama game. I always try one at new place with nothing but the bun, first (kind of like those at a wine tasting) :mrgreen:. Want to understand what kind of hot dog it is. Then I'll decide whether I want a second one with trimmings. If I go for a second one I usually get ketchup, mus-My Friend, onions and pickles. If I like the slaw at the place I'll get slaw on and leave everything else off.

My daddy likes it all. Give him the dog, the bun, chili, sauerkraut, onions, peppers, hot sauce, ketchup and a little mus-My Friend. If he cannot get the chili and sauerkraut he asks for pickles. Always adding hot sauce along the way. He says he just hasn't found a spicy enough dog for his tasting.

Whenever he visits I take him to Jones'. He even asks to go when he brings a girlfriend or one of our low down relatives. :lol:

Craig....I'd like to see who could eat the most dogs, you or daddy!!

Sherry

6. AnnetteL

Sherry,the ones where the skin pops are the ones that I like as well,the natural casing kind,good stuff!

7. Sherry A.

My mouth is just watering on this Thread. :lol::lol: I'd take a great hot dog over a good lobster any day!

Sherry

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Ok... BJ's has the Kayem "Old Tyme Beef" hot dogs with natural casings. 2 lb box for $6.99.

Oh.. and please, there is no comparing a hot dog to Lobster.... not even a great hot dog should be compared to a good lobster. Unless you're talking about the crappy lobster you get at Red Lobster, that tasteless spiny lobster tail crap. But.. not a Maine Lobster, never ever ever......Otherwise thats like comparing caviar to pimento cheese. :?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  9. Sherry A.

I'm talking about Red Lobster, young lady. I also knew you or the hubby would react. Still love me a great hot dog over many things. I love love some Maine lobster.

Haven't even seen the word pimento cheese since my mother stopped eating. Boy, she loved that and not caviar. I don't like caviar either..........

Thanks, Tassy, for the response and laugh!!

Sherry

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:jester:

11. AnnetteL

Thanks for checking Tassy! I wonder if they also have the beef/pork variety?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope...that is the only Kayem product they carry (atleast at the BJ's in Garner). Though, on the Kayem website it did have an area where you could order direct. It was the Reds, Kielbasa and ? (can't remember the third item). The website also has a search page, where you can locate a store that sells their products within so many miles of your city or zipcode. I couldn't get it to work, I kept get getting a funky error message.

13. AnnetteL

Well thanks all the same,I guess that saves me form getting a BJ's membership ;)

14. AnnetteL

I just tried the store locater at the Kayem site but no stores were found :(