Sheets

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Not the store but bedding!!!

I want some nice sheets. Not 150.00 sheets, but nice sheets nonetheless. I know Kohl's is having a sale right now, but dang - they are still kind of expensive (IMO - for somebody who has never really shopped for nice sheets before).

I don't want jersey sheets - I want nice crisp, soft sheets.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have some 600 thread counts I got from Target and some I got from Sam's. Less pricey than Kohls, even on sale. Target runs them fairly regularly on sale. I'm thinking they were around $60 for a queen set. I love, love, love them!!!

(If you don't have a sam's card, I'll be in there this week sometime and I can price them for you)

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I found a really nice set at TJ Maxx for about $40. :)

4. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

TJMaxx and Ross sell Nautica and Tommy Hillfiger for way below normal cost.

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I stopped by the Clayton Walmart yesterday morning just to look around before work and to my surprise they had some very nice SOFT sheets! I bought two sets of king 800 thread counts that were $40 bucks a piece!

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Have you ever been to Ollie's in Cary? Think Big Lots, but bigger.

I was in there a few weeks ago and they had TONS of bedding and their prices are wonderful.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There is one in Goldsboro too. I love to buy cookbooks in there. :cheers:

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thread count of 600 or more....shop around, there are some nice ones out there. Target. JC Penney has good ones too, always on sale, always coupons online too.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And once you "spoil" yourself with nice sheets, you'll never go back.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

absolutely....

and they don't pill up, and they get softer with each wash and last a long while. I have a couple of sets of Northern Nights sheet sets, they are sold on QVC....by far the best quality sheets I have ever owned. they are VERY affordable. (and they have a bunch under $40 right now) just sayin.....

11. Cleopatra

Thanks everybody!

12. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Last year I ordered some designer sheets (forgot the brand) with a high thread count,I needed the deep pocket ones. It was not worth it,they already got a tear in them :x

13. AnnetteL

They got some real nice flannel ones also,not that you would need them this time of year ;)

14. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I bought 600 threadcount at the Raleigh Flea Market for $20 - love them.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We bought some Bamboo Sheets (they're called Rayon from Bamboo) at Target and will never put anything else on our beds again. We even went back and got some for the bed in our travel trailer. They are the softest sheets I've ever felt, wash really well and unlike regular cotton, will not get those little pilings over time. The color choices are somewhat limited and they don't go on sale, but I would highly recommend them.

16. AnnetteL

I wonder if they have them with the deep pockets also?

17. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

If you can get just a set to get you by til November, wait till the day after T-Giving and catch the Belks Early Bird sale on the day after T-Giving. You can get the GOOD 600 thread count Biltmore sheets for about 30.00! And sometimes a select group of Ralph Lauren too! That is when I stock up for the year. But you gotta get them b-4 10:00 AM...

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  19. AnnetteL

I wish that good quality sheets were available separately more often,since I got my bedspreads from Germany,when you buy the duvet covers for them there they come with the pillow case,so all I need is just the bottom sheet.

20. Cleopatra

Next time, just PM or call.... everybody bought them all up. lol Even the 400 count are out of stock.