Photography Classes ?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jul 21, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Does anyone know who might offer photography classes? I've checked on the websites for Clayton Parks and Recs and JCC and don't see anything.

Thanks!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

http://www.jenniferweinberg.com/

She was in my old BNI group, call her and she might be able to steer you to somewhere down here; she's in cary.

She *used* to offer classes, but not sure anymore.

Tell her I sent you.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks HG!! Looks like she does offer some workshops...........will check her out.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Let me also ask my dad what he thinks on this kdc. He was able to get a degree with the New York School of Photography long distance....years ago. Very prestigious school. He may have a different way for you to look at this and I'll PM you if he wants to talk via email regarding your photography interest.

He never leaves his home without a camera or two and he looks at everything through a photographer's lens.

Sherry

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you Sherry, but I'm not looking to go crazy here. :cheers: I'm just looking for something simple and local, to show DH and I (he's pretty good for an amateur ) some pointers, lenses, etc. We need to invest in a good camera too, I like my Kodak, but am hoping to step up to an SLR in the near future.

I appreciate it though, I really do. :hurray:

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I hadn't thought of them, good idea! Thanks!

7. harleygirl

HEY!!!

When you upgrade, I WANT your Kodak!!!!

HOLLA!!!!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Will do chickadee!! :jester:

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I always enjoy the pics you post on fb, you really seem to have an eye for a great photo. Developing a natural talent like that is always a good thing.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are going to swell a girl's head. :oops:

Thank you.

BTW, did you see the ones I took of "your" strawberry pots? I get more compliments on those and the hens and chicks just LOVE them.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yes, I did see those. Glad you made good use of the pots. :)

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I love them!! I've had to thin them already and start new pots. They are taking over, LOL.

13. harleygirl

THANK YOU!!!

14. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Wake Tech offered online courses. Also Southeastern Camera in Raleigh (best camera shop ever - lol) offers classes thru out the year too. Lastly, search online for video courses too! There are some classes for each camera! I do photography on the side and use Nikon but when we first started we found all of the above very helpful.

If I can help you any let me know too and I will try to give a few "learned" pointers! LOL

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  15. Sherry A.

It's not as big a deal as you think, sweetie. Talked to my dad about you last night. He really wants to talk you about this and see some pics. Am going to PM you his email, it never hurts. I'll bet it is easier than what you are thinking. You can probably do it at your own schedule and all. Just give talking to him a try......we'll have to say you we knew you when. haha

See PM,
    Sherry

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you for the info!!! :cheers:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I want to take itty bitty little baby steps. :mrgreen: I have a tendancy to jump headfirst into things and then lose steam after I've spent a ton of $$, trying not to do that this time. 8)

Your dad seems very nice, I may send him a link to some of my albums. Thank you!:cheers:

18. Sherry A.

I understand the baby steps that's why I think you should at least talk to him about his ideas. Yes, please send him a link to your albums and he will take the time to view every photo and comment. You two will get along great and he'll have you go slow. Already sent you how to contact him and his name.

Good luck............
    Sherry