A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, that is the important thing.................

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I HOPE AT will let me return my items without a receipt, I printed off my bank statement that has the purchase on there, so hopefully that will work.

If not, I might be on the news. :boxing::boxing:

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Okay, just let me know. Ready to have "my" ears talked off, I thought I did a lot of talking on my end. I'm afraid he may never want to visit again. :lol::lol:

Yeah, the bands are usually good and it's a short walk from my house to see them or I just enjoy sitting on the deck, listening, dancing, eating and having fun. Your "kid" is always welcome. If you want to walk up to see them they do allow coolers and have kiosks with other items. Even if I don't feel like going up you guys mention my name and everyone will treat you like family.

The invite goes to anyone I know and PMs me. Don't want to leave anyone out on here. Just not going to let rif raf over.....hahaha.

Sherry

P.S. I know he's going to tell you that the first photo on here with the building has too much space at the top of the photo. He just told me that on one of mine everyday ones. tee hee

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

But that's not a picture of the building, it's a picture of the sky with the building in the foreground.

5. Sherry A.

Think I made a post to two people on one, which I did not mean to do. No, if you look at the picture the clouds stop way before the top. He says a person should focus closer on the clouds and building for detail and not have that open space. At least that's what he told me on a recent photo I did. He may tell kdc that each photo is an individual plan and that mine are crap anyhow. haha

Sherry

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That was the plan anyway, LOL. I was aiming for the thundercloud, with the silo and the shed kinda framing it. Honestly, I wasn't thinking about it all that hard, just snapping away at it from different angles. I just take a ton (thank GOD for digital cameras) and only post what I think are the best ones.

I knew I didn't like the power line in it, but unfortunately, I would have had to tresspass to get that out of there. :mrgreen:

Wait, that isn't the pic I'm thinking of, let me see if I put it on FB.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

8. Sherry A.

Those are just plain awesome, kdc. I love each and every one. Lordy, lordy you need to do something with your skills.

Sherry

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sherry, are you eating today? And taking your medicine? Just checking up on my little sis! :mrgreen:

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

This is a pic I'd use as a wallpaper on my desktop ...I love the mountains.

[​IMG]

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nsane, I am so homesick right now, I just can't tell you. It is so pretty up there. This is the view from my Grandmother's yard. We are seriously considering moving back at some point in the next few years, before DS starts highschool. DH's parent's health is not so good besides being homesick.

Here is the front yard:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I thought that about a bunch of the pics she posted on FB, any number of them would make great wallpaper for desktops. Loved the dragon fly pics from a few weeks back!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! You are welcome to 'em. Just don't sell 'em. :mrgreen:

14. Sherry A.

Took my meds forgot to eat until around 2:00 pm. I have now set an alarm to go off every 2 hours to remind me to eat. Not going to get sick again!!!

Thanks, KDs,
    Sherry

15. Sherry A.

kdc,

The pic of the mountains and all....questions.

What is the building? Is it like a place to dry out stuff and store potatoes? What is in the bottom right hand corner? Are those cows? Is this your family property or a place you found for pictures?

Awesome pics.

Sherry

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Ummmm....too much grass to cut for me, unless I could turn it into a par 3 or par 4 practice golf hole.

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Solitaire is the debil I tell you, THE DEBIL!!!!! :p

18. Sherry A.

You would look at a wonderful picture and think of a golf course or food. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sherry

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It all used to belong to my Grandmother, but now the land on the other side of the gate has been sold, and the land that the thundercloud pic was taken of was also sold. There used to be 180 acres that she inherited from her second husband. It was just too much to keep up with.

The little doorway you see peeking out of the ground on the left is a cellar, so yes, that is where she keeps her potatoes and the stuff that is homecanned. I gotta tell ya, it's creepy as hell in there though, LOL. The stuff on the right is just a storage shed.

I didn't include pics of the house, it's freaking huge. Looking at that pic, it would be on the left. Her husband had it built in 1980, before they ever got together, it has 8 bedrooms. It's not "fancy", but very comfy. HUGE wrap around porch. I used to have DS's birthday parties there, could easily fit both sides of my family there. The big tree, she just told me, was his "office" when he was having the place built.

There is a stream that runs on the other side of that huge tree, her husband had a fish farm and folks would make reservations a year or more in advance to fish there, booked all year round. There was once a man who came from S. America to fish there. :shock: Her husband had owned some coal mines before he retired, so a lot of his buddies would use the place as a retreat for their employees. There used to be an 100 year old house she would rent out as sort of a B&B. She stopped doing that about 5 years ago, but folks STILL call.

There are no cows there now, but they used to run in those fields, I've had to chase those suckers when they got in the yard, LOL.

He was the love of her life though, he walked me down the aisle when DH and I got married. Miss him all the time, he died of cancer a few years ago. She has a new fella in her life now, and we all like him, but those are some big shoes to fill.

OK, trip down memory lane over. :cheers:

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tee hee!! My Grandmother is 78 and she still mows it herself. Riding mower of course. She mows all that, the graveyard across the hill and there is some land around another house she still owns, probably two acres that she mows too. Wuss!:mrgreen: