TWC

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

anybody else having issues with getting channels with their DVR attached? I can get channels on my other set but the one with the DVR it keeps telling me to call TWC

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, The History Channel... but PBS came in.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

yea i called and the automated voice had me reboot the dvr. Just made it worse. Now I call them back and get constant busy signal.

4. Cleopatra

5. chill927

chill927 Guest

we're having the same problems. Just tried calling and a recorder said they were having technical difficulties so try calling back later or call your local twc rep..

Not sure about ya'll, but I am pretty fed up with TWC. Anyone absolutely love their cable subscriber and would reccommend it? When I got through to a rep I planned on canceling tw.

6. Cleopatra

We can't watch ANYTHING here. It's already hot and sticky outside, I am home without the van, and the girls wanted to watch Animal Planet or Zaboomafoo on KOD.

And the fighting is starting.... yay.

7. mvenito@nc.rr.com

mvenito@nc.rr.com Well-Known Member

yep mine is doing that too. The other tv's are working fine - but gosh there in the basement and bedrooms upstairs - who wants to go there alone- not my chicken children!!! lol...

8. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Wral reported on FB that twc is having issues right now...

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I found this same problem with TWC on the DVR box tv when I got up this morning. I spent on hour on the TWC live chat waiting for a rep, i was 274th in queue. I did other things while waiting, but about an hour later, finally got someone who said that there were reported channel outtages in our area. Their engineers and technicians are supposedly working on it and didn't have an estimated repair time. But to please call back in a few hours if it was still out. 2 days ago we had an issue that alot of the channels said "USAHD is not currently available, please try again later". Today it is a different message that this channel is not subscribed to and to call a TWC rep.

Unfortunately we are in such a heavily wooded area that satellite is no longer an option. We did have it when we moved here, but as trees grew on neighboring properties it became a regular event to have move the dish 1/1000 of a mm to get signal again, and that was a pain!

Anyone who has had TWC channel outtage issues, don't hesitate to call and ask for a credit for the inconvenience for the time you were without all the channels you pay for. I got a $20 credit the last time and they were out for a few hours. When I call this time it will be because they were out day before yesterday and today.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Outage in our area up until a little bit ago. Channel 14 always lets ya' know if we have an outage such as this. I could get a few channels during that time but it was hit and miss.

Weird,
    Sherry

13. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

We have two tv's with the box, and the other two with out and they all get basic cable, no digital channels. Nothing past 57 I think. No biggy!
    If the kids don't want to watch what is on tv, break out the game boards, we have been doing that lately anyways.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Don't forget to request a credit for the outtage..... I got a $20 credit after I pushed the CSR on live chat some.

15. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

$3.82 Credit

I guess I did not push too hard! I received a $3.82 credit!! That is just hilarious! I asked him if that was all he can do and he said 'credit is for one day of service and it is computer generated'. What a great CSR!!

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Wow, hadn't thought about that. Thanks, Tassy.

Sherry

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yeah.. you need to push harder, that is b.s., they tried to give me $9.97 for 3 different occurences over the last few days. Here is part of tmy chat transcript with a csr..... If I were you, I'd call back and speak to a real person this time and let them know that you don't feel that credit was satisfactory compared to the inconvenience.

brenda_: so can you do a credit for both outtages?
    Brian Bounds: Thank you for verifying the account.
    brenda_: yw
    Brian Bounds: Please give me a moment.
    brenda_: sure
    Brian Bounds: Thank you for your patience.
    Brian Bounds: Yes, I have credited your account for 3 days.
    Brian Bounds: The credit amount is $ 9.97.
    Brian Bounds: And you can check this in your next billing statement.
    brenda_: that doesn't seem like very much...
    brenda_: last time I had an channel outtage issue several months ago I was credited $20
    Brian Bounds: I can understand your concerns.
    Brian Bounds: But the credit is automatically calculated by the system.
    Brian Bounds: I am really sorry for this.
    brenda_: I don't hardly think thats worth the time it took you to figure the $9 credit or my waiting in the chat queue for almost 2 hrs.
    brenda_: Then how was I given $20, which I'm sure you can look at on my account 2 or 3 months ago, for a one-day channel outtage?
    Brian Bounds: But I cannot provide you with the credit more than this.
    brenda_: then who can?
    Brian Bounds: Please contact our local office number at 1-877-566-4892.The number is available 24/7.
    Brian Bounds: They can help you in this.
    Brian Bounds: I will add a note of this on your account.
    brenda_: There is no way to transfer this chat to a supervisor?
    brenda_: you have to understand after already wasting 2 hrs, I don't want to sit on hold at the local office # for another 2 hrs... I know this was a widespread channel outtage in this area and alot of people are pretty irate and wanting to cancel service. I'm not that unhappy, yet.
    Brian Bounds: I can understand your concerns.
    Brian Bounds: I will provide you with the $20 credit for this.
    brenda_: Thank you Brian.
    Brian Bounds: oat
    Brian Bounds: Sorry for the typo.
    Brian Bounds: Thank you for your patience.
    Brian Bounds: I have provided you with the $20 credit.
    brenda_: thank you very much, i hope you have a great night.
    Brian Bounds: You can check this in your next month billing statement.
    Brian Bounds: Thank you.
    Brian Bounds: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    brenda_: no, that was all.
    Brian Bounds: You are welcome.
    Brian Bounds: It was a pleasure assisting you.
    Brian Bounds: Have a wonderful evening.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  18. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

hmm I didnt even know that you could do that! So who do you call again? Just the main customer service line?

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yep, or you can open a live chat window with a csr from the "contact us" link on their web page

www.twcnc.com