A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

kdc,

Wow, what a wonderful story and lay of the land. I can almost picture it (pun intended). You have a picture of the house on FB or can you post it here? Sounds beautiful. That's a bunch of rooms to keep clean plus the wrap around porch. I'll bet you eat some good food there. No wonder your Apple Butter is sooooo good.

Cellar, that's the word I was thinking of. Yes, they used to put potatoes in because of it being a little damp and dark, dry flowers, tobacco, cure meat, canned food, etc.

It's nice knowing the history of a picture.

Sherry

P.S. What road are those slave houses on that Becky Flowers owns?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think those are on the road that goes past Food Lion, if you are talking about the small white houses. I believe it's Castleberry.

I don't have any pics of the house up, but I can fix that at home. 8)

3. Sherry A.

Yes, I am talking about the small white houses and the little post office. I will ride down the street next to Food Lion. Don't think it's Castleberry, but thanks. :cheers:

Please do fix that as I would love to see pics of the house, as well.

Thank you,
    Sherry

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to move to the Mountains here for a long time,it reminds me of home.I'm hoping that one of these days it will work out!
    Where in the Mountains is this,it looks gorgeous!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Southwest VA, about an hour north of the State Line. Near where I81 and I77 intersect. :cheers:

6. AnnetteL

Thanks!
    I'm ready to move-yesterday ;)

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

[​IMG]

Then I have you covered!! This 40 acre piece of land is for sale and it has a house on it too. :jester:

This would be your neighbor across the valley>

[​IMG]

8. AnnetteL

:drool::drool::drool:
    I want!!! All we need now is a job for DH there since I can make my pottery anywhere ;)

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, there is the rub!! There aren't any stinkin' jobs up there, which is why we are here. :?

10. AnnetteL

DH just said that there's no way in **** that he will ever move back to VA. no matter where in VA. it might be,oh well who needs him anyway,maybe I could find me a Mountain Man ;) ;) the kind that carves bears out of logs with his chainsaw ;)

11. AnnetteL

Isn't that the way it always seems to go,bummer!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! What part of VA has he lived in before?

Trust me, there are some "Grizly Adams" types up there. LOL. I'm pretty sure most of the pics from "People of Walmart" were taken in the next town over. :oops:

13. Sherry A.

kdc,

I just loved those pics on fb. Amazing. The color on some of those plants looks like they came from the Rain Forest.

Sherry

14. AnnetteL

:lol:

Virginia Beach,don't ask me why he's comparing that to where you are from,I haven't got a clue :(

I would need me a rich "Grizzly Adams" though ;) ;)

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah..............not even close!!!! :lol: This area is still very agricultural, lots of family owned farms. Dairy, beef, etc. I swear, it is like going back in time when we go up there, nothing much changes, which is good and bad.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

dangerboy's mom has a place like this for sale up in the mountains in sparta nc. let him know if u r interested.

db's wife

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What to do this weekend? Hmmm... :confused:

18. Sherry A.

You guys coming over tonight?

Sherry

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Something inside, with A/C.

[​IMG]