Monster Brick Wall

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Very smart, that's how I would do it - esp if I had some land.

2. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

They started filling in between the pillars with bricks today. So it will look like a giant brick wall from the road once they are done.

3. jenfield

jenfield Active Member

Here's a picture before the brick wall got started. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Looks like they're putting up a new 'mexican' border :jester:

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Was thinking that it might be the new border wall for the Mexican Consulate that's being built here in good ol JC.

6. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Permit

YOu would think that a structure like this would need a permit. They are now filling in between the columns with Bricks. I have never seen a 'permit' box and I travel this road quite frequently. Looks to me this would bring the property value down ...especiallly as an eye sore for the house that is for sale across the street. I would look into this if I were the realtor or owner for that house. This looks so tacky!!

7. JenJen458

Yeah tell me about it. Some of us who live close to this "WALL" aren't to happy about it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  8. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

I also think there is enough brick in that wall to build a few houses- what a waste.

9. pcatandfish

pcatandfish Guest

brick wall

wait till they finish it and the gangs start tagging it.i bet some interesting stuff is posted on it

10. grandma4

If we have the address (what is it?)cant we check with the county? One call to the inspections office is all i'm saying......

11. Cleopatra

I don't understand what the big deal is???

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm glad you said it! That is what I was thinking. I saw it on Sat, it's private property people. I've seen a lot worse. :confused:

13. Cleopatra

I guess because they are Hispanic..... /rolls eyes

Even if they had a permit, the same structure would be built. Look at it this way, at least you don't have to see their trailer while the Mexi Mansion is being built - and you won't have to see the mansion afterward.

14. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

It looks like Chadbourne in front of a mobile home. Maybe you would just rather see the mobile home? :lol: Once they finish it you probably won't see the home at all.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's actually some pretty nice brickwork. :cheers:

16. Cleopatra

That's because Hispanics are known for their expert masonry. ;)

17. JenJen458

To tell you truth that is how I feel about it. I'm actually glad they are filling it in. I know I said some of us aren't happy about it and that is the general feeling of some of our neighbors, but I much rather see that then what I thought I was going to see-a bunch of trailers which is what we were told at first was going in over there. I don't know about permits, but someone must know they are doing it because they had to move some further away from the road when they first were building them.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While I'm not in the vicinity of the wall in question, the only thing I can see it doing in the long run is to possibly raise the property value on the neighboring lands due to the value assigned to this house, or the reverse could be true in that they are building a house that costs say $2 million and will only be valued at $1.5 million due to the surrounding area.

Either way it's not my concern as I don't live there.

19. grandma4

Been over a year now and this wall is not completed- looks like crap.
    I'm calling the planning/permit dept. tomarrow. If a permit is obtained, doesn't anyone follow through to make sure it is completed? any job half way done and left looks like an eyesore and brings down the vakue of surrounding property. And for the people that think we shouldn't give a crap maybe they should build next to you.