Need crickets for a lizard

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cranky, Jul 26, 2010.

1. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a source for crickets? I was getting a great deal at critter country but they have gone up to the big box store in the sky. The one guy that was working the counter there was going to set something up but I lost touch with him. So if anyone has a line on some good, clean crickets I would appreciate it! They are for a water dragon by the way.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Until you find a cheaper remedy, you can buy them at Petsmart (over by the fish), and at Carolina Pet in Garner. Not as cheap as keeping them in bulk yourself, but after going that route with bearded dragons, i was ok paying a little more and being without the smell and stinky cricket container.

3. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I am having a hard enough time keeping the lizard alive and fed let alone 250 more staving mouths! Seriously though, I have thought about getting them in bulk but I dont want to go through making a coop for them out in the shed. I have been buying about 50 a week for about 6 dollars at Pet Stupid. wher I was getting them for about three bucks and closer to home at Critter Co.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Found out it was easier and cheaper for me to buy them weekly up at Carolina Pet in Garner (located behind Merchant tire on 70 next to Radio Active) than it was to buy in bulk and end up having half of them dead before they all got eaten. And at the time I was feeding 2 or 3 bearded dragons along with 2 african fat tail geckos.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Here is the Carolina Pet's information if the OP would like to call and see how much their crickets are.

(919) 773-0014 - 322 Mccormick St, Garner, NC

(They also have just changed their name to Animal House, or something like that)

6. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

The bait shop sells crickets.