Eyeglasses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Jul 26, 2010.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Do not need an eye exam! Had that done at Duke Eye Center. Do need frames and lense. Suggestions please. Thanks, Pat

2. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

BJ's

NOT Walmart! They are such a rip off. Everything else in walmart may be cheap, but not the vision center. They were also kinda nasty last time i went.

And for some of you wondering why I even ventured to the Walmart vision center, it's because I see Dr. E who is at the Clayton Walmart. (I had been seeing him before he moved into Walmart. Really nice guy!)

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hmmmmmm..............I guess it depends on your script.:confused:

I got DS's there, they were a whole $40 for frames and lenses. He's worn them for almost 2 years and they are still fine. Going to get a new exam because he needs one, but I have ZERO complaints about the glasses or Dr. E.

4. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

heard about website zenni optical-really cheap

5. irishluck

Yeah, my eyes are really bad and require a very unique script for my astigmatism (so unique that lens and contacts in its script aren't just hanging around in the factory). But just the fee ALONE they wanted to charge me for them being "really bad" came out to be the price of everything at BJ's. It was going to be like $300 at walmart but BJs was $178.
    I probably would have just dealt with it though since I was already there (and didnt know at the time that BJs was so much cheaper) if the lady wasn't so rude to me. idk.. hope she was just having a bad day and is usually nicer than what i experienced.

6. irishluck

I totally agree, if the OP is alright with fitting his/her own glasses.
    I was going to go that route, but i'm not that confident in myself haha

7. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Me neither. I had rather deal with a real person face to face. THANKS, Pat

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I bought my last pair at Wal-Mart rather recently and paid $78 out the door for lenses and frames. No complaints thus far.

9. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I have gotten prescription sunglasses from them, they are terrific. Only downside is you can't try on the frames...

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

11. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

zenni optical is wonderful.. I have horrible eyesight and lenses usually cost me over 300$. I got frames and lenses for 78$. It may take a little bit to get here but so worth it

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

DD and I both got glasses from Walmart and we love them and the price!

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Zenni FAN here!!!

2 prs of KIDS spec's for DS- <$65.00 --- for 2 pairs!!!

They ROCK!!!

So tonight I ordered 2 pr for ME! Progressive lens are $21.95 + frames (one was $19.00 other was $9.95!)

Hello Feel the savings!! What a DEAL!

14. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Warning !!!!!
    Stay far away from eyedeals and dr. Black. Huge Rip off. they are.