Last minute beach deals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to look? I've tried Craigslist, VBRO, travelzoo, 4042, etc. Just wondering if anyone has a website. We can go anytime in August, any day so have some flexibility. thought we'd take one last mini outing. would love to go to the beach for maybe two nights. Anyone know of some places to look that we may have missed? Thanks.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

did you see the one listed in the classifieds here? $100 night - but might not be big enough for your crew? :)

4. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Stephanie you may want to try some of the real estate companies that handle the vacation rentals in the area you'd like to go. For instance I waited until about 2 weeks before we wanted to leave and called Emerald Isle Realty to make an offer on 2 properties that had not rented yet for the time we wanted to go. One refused my offer but the other one accepted. We saved $1600 plus got a nice home with 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, a private pool, soundfront with our own private dock and within walking distance to the ocean!

5. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Shell Island

Shell Island was offering $99 per night at Wrightsville Beach in Wilmington. They are nice condos right on the beach.

Also, the Homewood Suites in Mayfair at Wrightsville Beach is $109 per night. And Hampton Inn and Suites is reasonable too.