JCC Textbooks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Luvgoose1, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the threads that listed some online companies that offer college textbooks much cheaper than the JCC bookstore. Help please...the first book I looked at for DD is $368.00 at JCC!!!

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

How about Amazon.com?

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I have Biology 210 ( I think thats the course #) and Psych 150 I'll sell ya real cheap!

4. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

textbook

JenniferK,,,,if Luvgoose1 doesn't want the Psych 150 textbook I'm interested. My daughter is taking General Psychology PSY 150-01 this Fall.

5. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Try half.com. I've used them to buy a book that was out of stock at the school bookstore and ended up paying a lot less.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Whatever you do make sure you shop using the ISBN (barcode) number. Otherwise you may end up with a different edition than what is in the syllabus.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

By the way what class are they taking at JCC that the book is 368.00? I know I am taking A&P this fall and its about that same price range.

8. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

bigwords.com

They will give you a list of companies and what they pay for the book. You can also use it to sell the books when you are done with them.

9. Luvgoose1

She's taking A&P so it is the same book. She needs BIO 165-2B (A&P with lab pkg), ENG 090-02, ACA 111. She will hopefully be taking Psych 150 spring semester but we don't need the book right now.

10. Luvgoose1

I just checked both sites given by the ISBN listed on the JCC website and neither site could find the book.

11. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Bummer. My Son's College just started a book rental program. Does your College have that? It may save you some money.

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We've been using www.chegg.com to rent books since last yr for my dd - they ship the books to you, then pay for the shipping back. We've been very happy with them!

13. Luvgoose1

Rocky-have you tried to look up the ISBN number on the JCC Textbooks & course Materials site? I can't find a match anywhere!! ISBN 9780077443405
    :banghead:

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

there must be a wrong number somewhere - cause I couldn't find it on chegg either?
    could there be more than one ISBN# - this is what is on my dd's chem book:
    Chemistry
    Edition: 1
    ISBN: 007722132X
    ISBN13/EAN: 9780077221324

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

No I hve not tried to look it up. I am also going to be taking Medica Terminolgy and also Ethics this fall. I am going through student loans. Not sure if they would let me go online to get the books cheaper. Right now I am unemploed and the money is tight for me to lay put the expense of the books to wait for them to pay me back. But the cost of the books is ridiculous. I am also going to pick up the A&P and the Medical Terminolgy flash cards to help me learn all the terms. I guess your DD and I are going to be in the same class.

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I've heard that there are websites where you can "rent" books for a fee.

Also, when we went to JCC to register DD, they told us that for $40 you can rent an "e-book" that's online. Instead of having the actual book, you just go online and access it there.

17. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

my son has been using chegg.com and bookrental.com

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

My bad....it's not the psych book I still have, it's Philosiphy...and the Biology as well.

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Let me check my daughter's list and get back to you. Her major is Forensic Psychology with a minor in Education. She'll be going to JCC and transferring to Western in January.

She'll be home later this week.

Thanks, Jen,
    Sherry

20. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I use chegg as well and have been happy