Job Leads?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Jul 27, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Since this forum has more Traffic, I figured I'd post here if that's ok with Webbie. (the Jobs section is DEAD)

Does anyone here know of any places hiring? (this is especially useful since I'm new to the area)

A little of what I've done in the past.

Bowling Alley Mechanic
    Waiter/Server
    Construction Helper, Carpenter Helper
    Produce Associate at Walmart (though I'll NEVER work for them again, but perhaps some other grocery store)
    Campground Clerk (checked in guests, so this crosses over to Hotels)
    Furniture Assembler and unpacker for a Furniture Store's Warehouse
    Tutor for Math, Mostly Elem. & Middle school age

I'm good with numbers, great with kids, Reliable, Dependable, and will give you notice of any time off that I may need (and when I say need, I mean NEED, not just want)

any help would be appreciated, I need something to help support my beautiful bride and daughter.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You can go to any ESC office where they can help. You can also check the newspaper want ads, sites like JobFinder.com or Employment Guide.com, etc. Do you have any sales experience? I saw in the Jobs section of CarolinaWeeklyNews.com where the Verizon stores are hiring for cellular sales in Clayton and Smithfield.

3. sirputz

Ok, one ? what is an ESC office? and I've been looking on all the sites, Jobfinder, monster, yahoo, etc...but I'm hoping to find from everyone here maybe Knowing that a certain location is hiring....like Foodlion by 40/42 or CVS on Business 70 near Lowe's Foods....places that may not be advertising it. Maybe a friend owns a bar or restraunt and is hiring....just looking for inside info that may not be so well publicized.

I have an application in at Rose Manor Dry Cleaners (never done that before, and I'm willing to take nearly anything!)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

there is a new restaurant gonna be opening in August up on the corner of 42 and Cleveland Rd so if you want to get back into that you could probably go up there and talk to them - they are up there every day working on the place. Good luck, it is a tough market now.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

ESC - Employment Security Commission
    https://www.ncesc.com/default.aspx
    Good Luck to you!!

6. AnnetteL

You might also want to check craigslist.com,even though my husband didn't have much luck with it last year you never know.
    I'll check with him tonight to see if the Co. he's working for is looking,they install Water/Stormdrain pipe etc.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

ESC = Employment Security Commission office operated by the state. Some offices are more helpful in finding local openings than others.

8. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Just FYI...
    The job I have now, I found on CL. It suprised me. I sent resumes to several companies that advertised there and never heard from a single one until I replied to my current company. This is a great job!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I found mine on CL too. There are tons of scams on there, so be careful, but I absolutely LOVE the job I have from there. :cheers:

10. sirputz

Ok, where exactly? the corner I know has the CVS Walgreens and carwash...is it right there? or down the road a bit....I'll head there today as soon as I know where to look! Does it have a sign out front yet?

Thanks to all those who have given me hope...and I am checking CL everyday as well as here.

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

on the other corner:lol: you've got CVS on one, Walgreens on the other, Car Wash on the other, and the Old Drugstore Restaurant on the last corner. Good luck!!

12. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Kind of picky for someone in search of an income.

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

So, yet another restaurant is gonna try their luck in that location? They need to just put a write on/wipe off board up since they change names weekly. :jester:

14. sirputz

well, the reason I won't work at Walmart again is because of how UNFAIRLY they treated me. I was working there for 2 years, and while doing my job, correctly, the way I was trained and clocked in, I was injured. They refused to pay the medical bills claiming it was a NON-WORK RELATED INJURY, and then subsequently Fired me for "calling off too many times" when in those 2 years and 2 months, I called off 4 times total. Another associate whom I worked with, called off many more times, as well as left his shift early, or came in late (hours late, not minutes) regularly. So they kept him.

They also cheated me out of overtime pay (which thankfully was settled in court as a class action lawsuit), routinely told me that if I didn't work overtime I would be fired, and denied me time off during my recovery.

Gee, now why would I want to work for Walmart again?

15. sirputz

Thanks to those who weren't criticizing and gave me some good leads.

I went today and walked all of the 40/42 area on the CVS side of the Bridge. Tomorrow I'll hit up the Golden Corral side.

I got the number for the new bar/restaurant coming in at the "dry erase board Restaurant"
    and some other leads.

but if you find out any more info, i'll take it!

16. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Food Lion on 70 says they're hiring for the new store by Riverwood.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Is that going to be another Food Lion? I heard it might be a Hannaford. (hope, hope)

18. AnnetteL

Afraid so,I heard it was supposed to have been a Bloom's but no more,just what we need-yet another Food Lion :banghead:

19. AnnetteL

Just asked the husband,they're not looking for anyone at the moment,sorry!
    Good Luck tomorrow!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I would have rather it been a Blooms, but I'll take Food Lion, since it's about 2 minutes from my house.