A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i feel ya, just finished with the last one, well he finished, i'm still paying:lol: Wishing i really had listened when folks told me to get a 529 to pay for college:banghead:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it has been pouring down rain here in Cary for about 20 minutes so far with no sign of letting up - a great steady rain - hope we are getting it at home.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Actually if he enrolls in ROTC then he actually will get a check for $960.90 from the federal government each month. The down fall as some would look at it is he is then beholden to the military upon completion of college.....though in my case I voluntarily joined after highschool and it was one of the best things I could have done.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

BTW....I'm also an Eagle Scout from way back.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Was raiining when I left the house this morning and had all but stopped bt the time I got to work. Hope it starts again.

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I have a hole in my left sock but not in the right. Why don't they wear out at the same time? Now I'm left to ponder whether to keep wearing the broken sock or to waste a perfectly good sock. If socks were all the same this would be less of an issue.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm signing up for one as soon as I get home today, LOL. I would do it now, but I don't have his SS # with me. Thank God I've gone back to work, LOL

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah!!!! You came back!!! :grouphug:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I didn't leave. I haven't posted in a while though. You people bore me..... :jester:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good to know.:cheers: I don't have a problem with him joining the military. .

It's good for a lot of young men, gives them some direction and structure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
  11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I remember posting before that the cost of college in Germany is either free or significantly less than here,when wondering why it wasn't here also someone posted back that going to college should be a privilege. I believe strongly that it shoudn't depend on if you're rich enough but rather if you're smart enough to be able to go to college!

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was wonderin' about you just this morning!

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I was invited to give a speech recently at our local Eagle Scout celebration. I've always been taught that if a resume had a person listed as an Eagle Scout to put that resume at the top of the pile.

A lot of work goes into that and I both admire you and know the hard work that goes into being an Eagle Scout. Very proud of you.

Sherry

14. Sherry A.

I missed you too. We are never boring and you know it. :mrgreen:

Sherry

15. Sherry A.

I wonder if KDs had her air conditioner in her car fixed completely.

Sherry

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Taking it back tomorrow morning to get the system flushed again, hope that takes care of it this time.

17. Sherry A.

Good and me too.

Sherry

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sorry about dragging you all over the county in that hot car yesterday! :lol::lol:

19. Sherry A.

I really enjoyed it. Your company is most welcome and I thank you for helping me out, as well.

Sherry

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I"m pretty sure my eyeballs are just about to fall out of my head.

STRETCH!