What is with the lack of signal light usage?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why is so hard to flick the little stalky thing on the side of the steering column? I mean really? Such a small courtesy to other drivers who need to have an inkling of your intentions. Yeah, you "Mr. Too Good To Use My Turn Signal", I am GLAD you heard my comment to you through both our open windows today. :cheers:

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Probably will not change his habits but I know you felt better!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! (I didn't use any 4 letter words) I just don't get it!!! I see it every.single.day. There can't possibly be that many broken signal lights in the world.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

It always pees me off too,when DH is with me he always says he can't understand why I get so worked up over it...:x
    I just don't get it!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know exactly why it pees you off. Lazy arses think that they don't have to be bothered with common courtesy.

6. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

That would explain why NC is ranked the 4th laziest state!!!

7. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

OMG, thought I was the only one annoyed by this!! So annoying

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I just turn my hazard lights on in case I want to turn in either direction. ;)

Seriously, what bums me out is those that flip their signal at the last minute, slam on the brakes and turn in. I'll be honest...I sometimes don't use the signal if there's no one around, (not habitually though) but I'm always courteous enough to give my signal in plenty of time so anyone around me has time to react.

9. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Turn Signals

..........but how can I signal when I am steering with one hand and I have my cell phone in the other ??

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Not only is it not polite I think it is a safety hazard. I don't ride the bumper of other cars but if one does not pay close attention an accident can happen.

Sherry

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Very good response. :mrgreen::jester::mrgreen:

Sherry

12. AnnetteL

Use your foot ;)

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! I don't care how they do it as long as they fricking do it!! Just have had my fill of the entitled ones lately. It's usually some jack *** in luxury SUV or a mid life crisis car. You know............the oh-so-special ones among us. :jester:

14. AnnetteL

It absolutely drives me bonkers and it usually happens when I got a load of groceries in the back,so that when I have to step on the brakes everything starts rolling towards the front,the soda gets shook up and a lot oft the other crap catapults itself completely out of the grocery bags :x

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When I first moved to Greensboro 30 years ago the corporate heads-up that went out was that you can count on North Carolinian's to not use signals, not know how to merge on to an expressway, and that they do not know how to mix a drink (liquor by the drink first went into effect).

Well the bartender thing was right up all my fellow Milwaukee transplants alley. The other things took some getting adjusting too.

My FIL, a native NC farmer, to this day does not use his signals and to everyone's relief does not use the interstate.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

People who don't use signal blinkers believe that when they go to trade-in or sell the car it will have a higher value if they can say the blinkers have never been used. :jester:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! I don't know, the blood stains from me stabbing their eye out with it might bring the value down a bit. J/K people!!!!!

18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is anyone here old enough to remember how to use your left arm as a turn signal from before cars had turn signals. I remember way back in the 70's having to learn how to do that.

[​IMG]

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't want the paparazzi to know my next move. When I'm being followed, this gives me a 10 second head start.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yes, we do this on the HD