Movers?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Has anyone used a moving company and happy with the service? My main concern is that they really protect all the furniture so it not damaged, we have several rooms of new furniture, that I am really worried it going to be damaged when we move. Also need a moving company that will hold everything for a few weeks in between closing on the old house and new. I am sure several of you have had to deal with this before so any feedback as to what company you used or what you did between closings with all your furniture would be helpful.

Thanks

2. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I can tell you one to avoid...Bekins Moving company. Employees stole my bike, stereo and TV during the move from CT. Then changed the paperwork to say that I did not purchase insurance. They paid me $68 for a couple thousand in losses. Luckily I had not canceled my renters insurance, they covered the loss.

3. Steeler_Fan

Thanks for the info. Looking for someone local as well, we are only moving 6 miles.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2 (?) Men and a Truck = :ack::ack::ack:

We move our own stuff. That way I KNOW it's not damaged/stolen etc...

5. Steeler_Fan

Would you like to move our stuff? :cheers:

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

How much $$ and beer have you got? :lol::lol:

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

http://www.movinonmovers.com/

I have not had them move us... but they are HUGE sponsors of the SPCA and everything they do is professional, timely and honest. They have really helped us in a pinch several times.

Good luck.

8. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice but I am so glad to hear you sold!!! We did to and we close 8/26. We are only going 8 miles and we are moving ourselves. Hope all goes well!

9. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yep...avoid 2 men and a truck. They canceled on us 2 days before our move in 100 degree weather. We did the friend and neighbor/truck and trailer moving. Not fun. Good luck!

10. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

when are you moving? i'm not working currently and could help out.... If you go with the U-haul route. Since it's so close, consider making two trips---one to move the furniture and move it into place, then the next to move the boxes and kitchen stuff

My last major move, we moved 3 miles down the road...took us one full day to move all the furniture and such....Also, if you can get in ahead of time, i recommend doing any painting you want to do in the new house before you put stuff in.