Storage Units

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I need to rent storage unit, has anyone used these before? Good/Bad? I have seen several of them on 42 West around Clayton. Most of the items I need to store we have packed in those plastic storage bins, will that be ok? Also have a bed and futon I need to store, any suggestions how to store that should I purchase some type of large bag to seal it?

Any feed back would be great.

Thanks

2. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I rent one at TURNER FARMS SELF STORAGE, it's located on Hwy 50 north of 42 about 3 miles. It is fenced in with a electronic gate, well lighted area 24 hrs. a day. They are reasonable and very clean, just like your garage....

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I second Turner Farms Storage, super nice people!!!

4. SteelD

SteelD Active Member

I used Security on 42 next to cleveland rd when I moved 2 1/2 years ago. Just in general what ever you can wrap up is a good idea, I work in pest control and see plenty of infestations develop through issues where items come from a different location. Fleas for example can lay dormant in a cocoon for 10 months or so. 5 star hotels have bedbug problems so dont think its about a dirty place, its just luck.

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I hate having to use those storage units. One thing about them is it seems everytime I've used one in the past, I'd pick up all sorts of nails and screws in my tires. Any proprietors on here with self-storage...if you'll use one of those purposefully-made magnetic bars to sweep your drives, it would be much appreciated. I'd even come more likely renting a storage unit from a place that routinely did this. Having to go have tire(s) repaired because of careless renters who drop screws, nails and other junk is a real bummer.

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Third vote for Turner Farms Storage. Our company has rented several units from them in the past.

7. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for one closer to Clayton?

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

When we first moved here, we rented space at Buffaloe mini-storage, located on Route 70, a bit north of Clayton:
    buffaloeministorage.com‎

We kept our travel trailer there, as we rented an apartment at Candlewood apts, until we purchased our home in Garner. We thought the rate was reasonable, and access to our stuff was easy. People are nice, too.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

We've used the one right there on Lombard Street beside 70, however that place is a bear to get out at the wrong time of the day.

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Eagle storage near the bowling alley on Hwy 42 in Clayton?

11. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Way back in '97, I used the storage place across the road and up a little from the bowling alley, right where Guy Rd intersects 42. The lady I was renting a room from was at the time using that Eagle place but moved her stuff into mine. Had no problems w/ either at that time. Most of my stuff was household goods - no uphoulstered furniture or mattresses. I did have clothes, towels, etc. but I just washed them before using. No pest problems that I saw.

12. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

My brother used them and didn't have any problems with them. I asked him how they were and he said "fine". I asked him if he would use them again, if he was back here and he said yes.