Got stung by hornet

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jul 29, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

It was one of those black one's,I assume it was a hornet.It happened Monday and it hurt,now it's itching off and on and driving me insane. It's on my middle finger so I can just imagine going somewhere like a Pharmacy and someone there saying "let me take a look at it" :mrgreen:
    Is it still supposed to itch 3 days later?

2. AnnetteL

I guess I will have to take the good news with the bad news then ;),thanks at least now I know that I will be able to keep the finger,with all those people around here not using their signal lights I know it will continue to come in handy!

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Sherry

4. AnnetteL

Thanks!

5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Benedryl may help with the itching...

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

or cortizone cream (applied directly)? :)

7. SteelD

SteelD Active Member

witch hazel. love the stuff. helps with the itch and heals the skin

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

They say chewing tobacco juice is good for bee stings. I've also heard that meat tenderizer was good for fire ant stings. Perhaps either could work. One of the best things I've used for itches is Solarcaine. Most people think of it solely for sunburns, but its great on insect bites. Try the aloe gel or cream which stays on longer than the spray.

9. LADYLEO

LADYLEO Active Member

Glad to see I am not the only one that swears by witch hazel. That stuff is MAGIC, love it, love it.

10. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

That reminds me of my grandma. She dipped snuff, and she would always put a bigl ol' glob of it on bee stings. Yes, right out of her mouth! LOL!

Hey, it worked. :)