loverboy or ratt?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Jul 29, 2010.

?

ratt or overboy?

1. loverboy

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. ratt

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

a friend of mine responsible for booking an established, free, outdoor, open air show in the triangle area recently asked me my opinion between these two. please vote, and argue accordingly...

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I voted for loverboy bc I dont like Rats :) and when I hear the word Loverboy I think of that scene in Dirty Dancing when they are pretending to sing that song in the dance studio :) LOL

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

same here ;)

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Ratt's vocals and guitar are awesome. Loverboy is almost too Pop for me but Ratt is totally Rock and Roll. Cannot beat the vocals and guitar between those two bands, in my opinion.

Thanks for letting us vote!

Sherry

5. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

Saw Loverboy at Busch Gardens last year. They were still pretty good for old guys, but I think I would like to see Ratt if given the choice. Which venue?

6. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Well, I really don't want to be a negative nancy, but they both sucked! I wouldn't have seen them for free in the '80s and I certainly wouldn't now!

Anyway, everyone is entitiled to their opinion- best of luck to you!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Makes me happy to realize I don't know either of them! :)

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Well...without doing a search...I remember both of them by name, but neither of their respective songlists are sticking in my head right now other than Ratt's "Round and round."

9. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

ha! me too :) i just thought it was names that they were trying to choose between lol :)

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Being an internationally recognized expert on all things 80's music, i offer the following:

RATT would be the more rocking show. They have a good backlog of music with several albums under their belt. That being said, they would pretty much play only songs from their first 3-4 albums and a few of their newest that just came out. Stephen Pearcy (their singer) was out of the band for several years and they would not play any of those. Most people know them for their first 4 albums only.

Loverboy would be a very fun show and in my opinion, draw the bigger crowd. No one knows a single song of theirs that was not on their first 2 albums with the exception of a few duets that Mike Reno (their singer) did with other people that he would sing. The general public would know more Loverboy songs than RATT since L'boy still gets played on the radio to where RATT rarely does. You can all but guarantee the entire crowd singing the chorus to "It's Over" and start bouncing when "The Kid Is Hot Tonight" and "Turn Me Loose" starts.

Just my opinion.

11. dangerboy

seriously? are y'all in your 20s or something? how the hell did you get through the 80s without having heard of loverboy or ratt? i bet you'd know some of the songs if you heard them...

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My taste fluctuated between John Hartford and the Velvet Underground.

13. dangerboy

Ive seen Lover Boy. Dorton Arena when I was in high school. Fun times.
    I vote for Ratt. Never seen them. Why am I telling you this? You already know about me seeing Lover Boy and you know how I would vote!
    lol

DB's wife

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Loved the Velvet Underground!

Sherry

15. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

RATT and ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Well, this is going to point to my age, but... I saw Ratt at Dorton Arena when Bon Jovi opened for them. lol. They put on a great show...so I voted for Ratt.

17. dangerboy

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Guess I'm showing mine then when I say I saw George Thorogood there.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I can beatcha. I saw Van Halen there but years before that I had a chance to go see Kiss, but Mommy wouldn't let me because I was too young...She made me return the George Carlin album I bought, too. But I kept the Pink Floyd and Peter Frampton.