I Need A Well Guy ASAP

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Can anyone recommend someone to troubleshoot our well? Well pump apparently tripping the breaker. No water tonight, any recommendations are apprecitated.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i got nothing right now, but in the a.m. when i know my neighbor is up i can call and ask who he used when he had probs a year or two ago.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

After googling last night, it is more than likely the well pump. Have someone coming out at 10:00, he is of the same opinion. We shall see! Regardless I am sure it will be big bucks, no whammies. If it ain't one thing...............it's something else, LOL!!

4. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

2 weeks ago, our house was struck by lightning. Our well pump and hot water heater both fried. We had a plumber come out and replace the pump. We finally got water back after a week. It cost us around $1200. Luckily the insurance company is paying for everything.
    If this was the cause of a storm I would contact the insurance company to reimburse you. So far we have had $11,000.00 in damage due to lightning. We still dont have hot water but it was nice to get water back after a week. We also have electricians coming out to repair all the electical wires in our house. It has been a crazy 2 weeks.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Geez Louise!!!! No, no lightening. I think it died of old age. House is approx 10 years old. I sure hope it doesn't take a week! You poor thing! :grouphug:

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Please use proper English. It should be: "I need a good Guy ASAP" :mrgreen:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are SO not right. :lol::lol::lol::jester:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

<-----------------Having a coronary from sticker shock!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock:

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ruh roh... what'd they tell you was wrong? Would it be cheaper to hook into county water?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's the pump it'self, the one down in the well that's VERY deep. Unfortunately, no it wouldn't be cheaper to hook up. But getting danged close. Plus, it wouldn't be today, and we HAVE to have water. Can't wait to work that out with the county.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Oooh... that sucks! If you need anything, holler!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you..............I keep bottled water on hand for just such occasions, but not enough to do clothes or dishes or anything. Neighbors are on town water if we get too desperate, LOL. Just talked to DH and we should be back up soon. PITA.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We have WATER!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

I have no cash..............but we have water, LOL.

And maybe NOT!! I celebrated too soon. I think a hotel room is in my future. GAH!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
  14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Saw your post and cannot stop laughing as I was thinking.......I need a "Well" guy myself. I'd prefer he was not sick and enjoyed the same interests as me. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sherry

15. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

I need one as well!!! Preferably tall, dark and handsome... and the same interests as me. :)

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Did you ever get water back yesterday kdc???

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, finally. It was a muddy mess but seems to have settled and cleared today. thank goodness for water filters.