Kings Dominion Food Prices

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by All Children First, Jul 29, 2010.

1. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

We are going to Kings Dominion tomorrow on our way to visit the Boy Scout National Jamboree. Has anyone been this summer who can give us a heads up on food prices there?

2. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I've been there, but from what I recall if you double (or maybe 2.5x) the price you would expect to pay 'outside' you should be close. IIRC, the food there was above average by theme park standards -admittedly, that isn't exactly a five star rating...

Have fun!

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Expensive, BUT....
    You can always keep a cooler in the car and get a stamp to go out. I think there are even picnic areas.
    Also, there IS a Chic-fil-a there, and their prices aren't THAT much higher than normal.

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

maybe consider a weekend trip to Kennywood next year. It's near Pittsburgh PA and they allow you to bring in your own picnic lunch....you can reserve a pavillion if you'd like, but usually, there's plenty open.

I know it's 9 hrs away, but there are so many things to do in that area....Laurel Caverns (one of the largest natural caves, and you can do repelling there for groups, a great activity that lots of scouts in the area do)
    There's tons of history, and more to do in and around Pittsburgh Pa.

I recommend it! I was a scout and we learned a lot about our own hometown.

But as for the prices at Kings Dominion, you could always try calling them and talking your way...especially since you have such a large group, stress that you're doing fundraising to get in and allot each scout and guardian a certain amount, and need to know what the average cost would be for all day dining per individual.
    And then, add 15% to what they suggest.

5. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on KD. We are only going because of the Boy Scout Jamboree. We will visit our sons on Saturday and decided to hit KD on Friday since we are staying near there. We are going as a family, not actually with the scouts.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would plan for a $4 bottled water and $5 hotdog as a base scenario... everything else just goes up from there... Maybe a hamburg, fries and drink combo for $9 if you are lucky. Even years ago (like 1984), my aunt used to pack a couple of coolers, and we would get a hand stamp to re-enter.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

We used to go to King's Dominion quite a bit and the cheapest way to eat is to get the handstamp so you can go back out to your car to eat a picnic lunch...however, if you want to eat inside the gates we have found that the cheapest way to feed the family is to order a cheese pizza and buy the free-refill drinks, or to ask for a cup of water at a vendor cart. I think there also used to be a Taco Bell inside the gates (might have been at Carowinds though) that was fairly affordable.

8. dgsatman

The "free refill" drinks SEEM to be a good deal, around $5.99 I believe......BUT, the catch is, you have to buy the "souvenier(sp) cup" which is just your basic plastic cup for, get this, $8.99!!!

Total cost of "unlimited refills" - Around $15.00!!!

I also mentioned earlier the Chic-Fil-A. Best I remember, a sandwich was only about $3.50 or so, definitely more reasonable than most other options.

9. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

10. dgsatman