A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

speaking of which, since i won't be in Cary much longer, need me to make another trip to Trader Joe's? Don't feel so bad, i think all mothers of daughters go through that crap (son's too unfortunately). i witnessed a mother daughter butt head duel at a game this weekend and i couldn't figure out who was acting the most immature:lol::lol::lol:

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Why does someone REALLY tall ALWAYS sit in front of ME?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

How funny. Ask KDs and db how my daughter and I react to one another even though she is 18. Went to that OZ concert in Clayton the other night and she did not check in with me every so often so I got nervous. I started to text her, call her, spread the word through the crowd, walked around, etc. At the end she showed up and had left her phone in a bag near me. She had been up front the whole time dancing with little girls and boys while visiting with the parents of those she teaches swimming and baby sits. I even had her paged.

What she still doesn't understand is that I trust her it is other people I do not trust. She has two 20ish boys who have tried to get her to sneak out at night, follow her, etc. Those are the people I worry about and even adults need to check in.

Stay your course, Jen. Wine will help you calm down but remember you are not in this alone. No matter the child, parents must stay strong because I don't think the brain develops until around 25 years of age. At least not with common sense. :lol::lol::lol:

Laughing at you,
    Sherry

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What are these guys?

[​IMG]

He/She/It has been there since last night..........I think it must be dying, but it is beautiful.

6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

sherry, my youngest is (in her mama's eyes) very pretty and even though she is 28 years old, I worry about her if she goes somewhere by herself and I don't hear from her. We went thru a lot of those days you were describing.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Best as I can find, it's called a Luna Moth or an American Moon Moth.

I think.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It is a Luna Moth... I think they are so pretty. My neighbor had a huge one on her front porch last week. Once they land or perch somewhere, they don't move much and they will stay in one place for a while. They only live a week after they come out of their cocoon. In their moth form they don't eat at all and their sole purpose in that 1 week is to mate & reproduce. I did a project on them when I was in middle school.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you ladies! You can't see it in the pics, but the wings underneath are damaged, I don't think it can fly. Poor thing. I will enjoy it while it's here, it's still on my kitchen window screen. I imagine the tree frog will be along to visit him tonight.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, so I'm bored and I spent a rediculous amount of time on my porch photographing this tree frog..............but isn't he cute????

[​IMG]

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I thought he looked a little rough on the wings, I couldn't tell if the wings were tucked under wierd or what... but I did notice is missing the eye spots that they usually have on each side. I watched the YouTube video, they look so funny when they first come out of their cocoon before the wings enlarge.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  13. Sherry A.

Thank you for sharing this. Sometimes I feel like I am the only parent that thinks the way I do and follows through on what I think it right for our family.

My dad says it's because of how I was growing up and that I know the tricks and trades of another part of life. :mrgreen:

Sherry

14. Sherry A.

We love tree frogs. Once again, your photos are just wonderful and both are very sharp.

Sherry

15. Sherry A.

kdc,

When my daughter was younger we would go to Sunset Beach to visit my Aunt and Uncle and at night my daughter would spend hours catching tree frogs. We had a huge container on the porch table so she could show us and them put them in the container. The adults could visit and she would entertain herself.

Before she would go to bed we would count and photograph the frogs. We always let them go before bedtime. Miss those days.

Sherry

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

August 1st already? :?

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A sweet hummingbird that has been visiting my feeder the last few weeks.. finally got a pic of her!

18. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Seriously? Who gives a rat's *** when lindsey got out of jail or that chelsea got married.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks Sherry!

Love the hummingbird Tassy!

Red, I couldn't possibly agree with you more.

<-------------------------is "unsettled" this morning.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You know it really sucks when you are playing solitaire and the batteries need changing in your wireless mouse. :lol::lol: