terrastation.com?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rhw7879, Aug 10, 2010.

1. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I hope it works out and the food is good. Hopefully the remodeling and menu change will bring some people back in. I have been a chef for 15 years and its tough right now in the restaurant buisness. Good luck guys!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Yet despite this I often see crowds in alot of the "more exspensive" places such as Flipside, Skylines, Mulberry on Main eating dinner. And at the local places such as McKinley's, Barmuda, Clubhouse, Draft House, Flipside, etc. there are still really good sized crowds at night eating and drinking, even when they don't have any "live" entertainment. And while the economy might suck, it doesn't suck anywhere as bad as it did 6-12 months ago.

As stated before peopple complain about there being nothing but the "chain" resturants areound here to eat and want something different and a little more upscale, yet when they get it they complain about the pricing due to it being more upscale.

How will it ever be anything more than redneck hickville if we don't have something more upscale than Golden Corral, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's, and Cracker Barrel?

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I was gonna chime in, but y'all seem to handling it pretty well.

4. CraigSPL

While I won't eat there every week, I will treat it the same way I treat some other places in the area such as Flipside, Mulberry, Shuckem Shack, Kobe etc. and that is I'm there once or twice a month to try out the food and to do something different than the old routine. And the wife and I do eat out alot. Example...tonight will probably be Character Quarters in Garner for a bite to eat and Live Trivia.

5. dgsatman

Character Quarters??? :? Live trivia??? :confused:

Enquiring minds want to know.

6. CraigSPL

Used to be Garner Ale House.

http://www.teamtrivia.com/

7. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

With some of the people and some of the attitudes, it will likely never be anything but redneck hickville.

I am pretty happy to try the place once it opens...of course, I wanted to try the last place too...but it didn't last very long.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Exactly!

9. CraigSPL

Yet I never hear those people complaining about wanting a more upscale place to eat, as they are happy at the Golden Corral feeding trough.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Remember how excited folks were that a Bojangles was opening @ 210? :lol:

11. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what happened to John (Sushi Chef) form the old Capprichios? Thanks.

12. dgsatman

I think he's working in Durham. I'll call him and find out exactly where.

13. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

Characters has Trivia on Wednesdays, which is the same night I throw darts there. Its a decent place. A lil loud, but the food is reasonable and very good - large portions I thought.

Come up and see me sometime !

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree:

15. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

All I can say is that I hope the new owners took a chainsaw to the bar in the front. It is the one thing that has always irritated me about that place. You would go in for a nice family meal and some bar fly would be sitting their drinking and talking on his nextel, Usually using profane language.

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

:lol: I got that beat! I remember when the only thing at 40/42 was a gas station and a fast food place. I'm pretty sure it was the Burger King and the gas station attached to it, but for some reason I thought we got chicken...maybe from Smithfield C&B? Anyway, there was absolutely nothing else there.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well then i guess you should have gone and sat on the other side - the bar side is exactly that, the bar side, seriously:roll:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

no, actually there were 2 different entrances, you never even had to see the bar if you came in through the main door. But hey, can't please everyone so you gotta please yourself:lol::lol::lol:

19. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I believe the first thing's here were the Texaco (now the Shell Station, the Texaco symbol is still on the floor. And McDonalds. When I moved arrived the McDonalds was still being built.

20. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Not trying to be rude, but I'd recommend not taking your kids to a bar. I hear that there's no profanity at Chuck E. Cheese.

This is a little off topic, but I've noticed that since the smoking ban went into effect that people suddenly think it's okay to bring their children to the bar. Where exactly can you go if you want to have an alcoholic beverage without hearing kids shrieking?