I need the number to Redd's Tires

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Aug 13, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have GOT to have 2 tires for the front of my car. My steel belts are showing! Anybody know the number to Redd's Used Tires on Hwy. 50? I can't find it on the internet.

Thanks!

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am not sure if Redd's is still "Redd's" I found this place that's right there too.

http://www.tricountytireandautocenter.com/index.html

when I bought 4 new tires last summer, the prices at Supreme Lube & Auto could not be beat (and I called about 12 different places). It's right across from Don Lee's Store on the corner of 50 and Mt. Pleasant Church road...

207-0085

3. michelle

Thank you dahling! I'll give them a call right now.

4. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

It is still Redd's except Redd (my grandfather) passed away in 07. It is now ran by my grandmother and my uncle.

5. KellBell

can you post the phone number?

6. JenJen458

I sent it to her. Not sure about posting it . Not trying to sound rude or like they don't want business but there really isn't a true business number.

7. KellBell

ok. :)

8. michelle

2 new tires from Supreme Oil & Lube - $246
    2 new tires from Tri County Tire - $283
    2 "in pretty good shape for used" tires from Redd's - $60

Looks like I'll be going to Redd's tomorrow ; )

9. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

They don't have a business number, it rings in the house.......Sorry!

10. JenJen458

No it rings in the shop also. I sent her the number.

11. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

Hey I was wondering about Redd's Tires myself. I tried to google their number and couldn't find them. Are the tires really in that good of condition? I need some for an old beater truck of mine and was gonna check them out. Can someone pm their number or tell me how I can find it. Also where exactly are they located? Many thanks.

12. JenJen458

Your best bet is to ride down there and see what they have because there isn't a business number. They are located on 50hwy right below 50 and 42 crossroads like you are going toward Garner and the shop is on the right.

13. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

I would love to BUT just had back surgery and not able to readily get out. I will try somewhere else. Just trying to help out a local business in this rough economy. Thank you anyway.

14. michelle

I just wanted to post and share my experience with Redd's. My husband went last Saturday and bought 2 tires for my SUV. Paid $30 each for some decent tires which was great to me.

Tuesday I went to leave for work and one of the tires was almost flat. Hubby took it back up there yesterday and they tried to patch it and it still leaked so they make it right by giving me another tire.

I am VERY pleased with the service and prices. Hubby says they are very nice folks who have been in the area for a very long time.

I highly recommend them if you are looking for good used tires.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I need new tires for my van, but I would like to call to get prices etc... is it a real business? If they don't have a business phone it makes me nervous.

16. JenJen458

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  17. JenJen458

I'm glad you had a good experience. Sorry about the first tire, they will always do whatever it takes to make something right. Yes my family has lived here for generations and my Grandfather start this business over 27 years ago.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My DH can also vouch that they have been around forever and are a great place to get a good cheap used or cosmetically defective tire in a pinch. Everyone can't always afford to fork over $100 for a new tire. Some tire sizes are harder to come by used than others, but its definitely worth a call to see if they might have what you need.

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I know this thread is super old but I am looking for a place to get a set of tires and stumbled upon it. My DH ran the Citgo for quite a few years before it was sold and ran into the ground (sad). It was kinda like the little hang out for locals (that and DR's). Redd always came in there at least 5 times a week and he and DH would talk. The last Christmas before he passed away he came into the store either Christmas Eve or the evening before. He was "dressed up" (for those of you who knew Redd you know what that meant for him) and had a bottle of some kind of liquor for DH for Christmas. DH thought that was the sweetest gesture! Even though he doesn't drink (Redd didn't know that nor did hubby tell him), DH still has that bottle unopened. Just a fond memory I wanted to share, esp since his relatives post on here. Such a kind man. :)