Indian Camp Road

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Blue-22, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Blue-22

Blue-22 Member

Can someone please tell what the purpose of tearing up both sides of the road was? It looks horrible and they left big clumps of dirt ant the end of my driveway.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. csmokey143

csmokey143 Member

They did the same on Sanders Road.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

They probably are going to fill it in with blacktop so as to make the road wider into the shoulder..

4. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

They usually do that before repaving the road. Maybe they are going to widen it a little bit too.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I would say they are going to widen and repave. They have been doing the entire area like that around my house.

6. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

They are going to widen and repave due to the new school. They are trying to solve any traffic problems that might come up when the school opens.

7. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Well I hope they put up a 4 way stop at Polenta and Matthew's Farm. Something tells me that's going to become a very busy intersection.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

As always, there will have to be alot of accidents first before anything gets done:(

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I would like for them to also put a stop light at Indian Camp and Polenta. As well as having a lot more deputies in the area. For all those driving teens with lead feet. That intersection has seen its share of roll overs before but I predict alot more with Johnston county driving teens in the area.

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

They did it on N. pleasant Coates Rd too, but I couldn't figure out why, and though yeah maybe they are going to widen the road, but they didn't do the whole road, just some yards, and they didn't do mine, but did others. It looks bad on Sanders. There are some nice yards, and they got ruined.

11. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Just remember, your yard and property do not go all the way out to the edge of pavement.

12. Blue-22

Blue-22 Member

Months later and the still didn't do anything with it, they just came through tore it up and left it. Still looks like crap. And they put a traffic light at the end of the street but it still isn't operational after 2 weeks.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting NCDOT?
    https://apps.dot.state.nc.us/contactus/PostComment.aspx?Unit=Dis3_Div4