Poker Pals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Aug 13, 2010.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Anyone around here have a friendly game of poker that they regularly play? Something to the effect of once a month or so?
    My buddies and I used to play about once every month, mabye every two months for quarter ante games....no one brought more than 40 bucks to the table, and I'm looking for something like that (once I get a job of course)

What we played was Dealer's choice, and sometimes just had Hold 'em tournaments, but mostly D/C.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

That brings back some memories,back when we used to live in Virginia Beach,we used to get together with my husbands two brothers and all their buddies to play poker,one of my husbands favorite choices was high/low,since this usually took place around payday there were quite a few bills involved ;),I always liked seven cards down with no peak, suicide kings and one armed jacks were wild.:cheers:

3. sirputz

Sounds like we've got 4 people to me! My father in law would play with us....maybe we just find 2 more?

4. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

I was always a spades person myself. I do love playing cards and wanted to find people to play with but I can't drive at night so it has to be close at hand. Shoot - right now I don't even have a regular dining room table but I'd setup some folding tables if I had some interest!

Martha

5. sirputz

I play spades! And Canasta and many many other games....We could play 2 handed spades, 3 handed, or 4....I know the rules for each version.

Still looking for poker players, but I'd like to get me and my wife outta the house every now and then to get a night out pretty cheap. Of course, I'd have to teach her how to play....

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We used to do Texas Holdem tournaments at our old house. Typically a $20 buy-in and we'd set up as many tables as needed, and then just consolidate down. It was a lot of fun for a few hours, and we'd do it once every 5 or 6 weeks. Sometimes you could buy back in for another $20. Depending on the number of people playing, the pot would be split among the top few winners, with the overall winner taking the most. The house took a small cut to pay for a portion of the pizza and beer provided. It was a lot of fun, but not something we've bothered to do down here. Our one rule has always been adults only, unless the kids are pre-teens or older and can occupy themselves elsewhere in the house. Our friends and neighbors down here don't seem to ever want to do anything without bringing the kids along, even when I offer to provide the babysitter, so it just didn't seem worth the hassle.

7. sirputz

See, that's one of the benefits of having Grandma and Papa close by....we can dump her off there and enjoy a night out.....

8. MizSeeker

HHHmmmmm how do you feel about fuzzy dogs?

Martha

9. sirputz

How many fuzzy dogs are we talking about? I don't mind em, as long as they aren't constantly in your lap and if you tell em to lay down, they ignore you *like the dog we have here sometimes*

Wife is ok with Dogs too, but she's allergic to Kitty cats. :nopity:

10. MizSeeker

ok we have a fuzzy cat that will run to the laundry room the minute someone new shows up.

3 Dogs - husky, husky shep mix (guessing) golden mix. They go nuts when people get here and ... usually settle down. We also have a fenced back yard but that does make them crazy to look in and see people.

Martha