Inexpensive but good haircut

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Aug 14, 2010.

1. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

DH and I are doing the Dave Ramsey thing, paying off all our debt (only have a mortgage left - yahoo!) Anyhow, I used to go to Radiance to get haircut/color, but at almost $150 every 3-4 months, it was getting a bit high.

Any suggestions for another plac/person to do cut/color under $50? I'd like to stay in the 40/42 area.

Thx.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

How about the salon inside of Walmart? Not sure about their prices though.
    Thumbs up to paying off all your debt! We'll be there too by the end of the year and if all goes well mortgage should be paid off in about 9 years,if we don't move first that is...

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Try the cosmotology school at JCC for low cost cuts and such.

4. cece

cece Well-Known Member

I second the cosmetology school. WRAL had something on their web-page about this very thing the other day.

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

$150- and I thought they were supposed to be one of the cheaper ones around...

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If you were paying $150, was that for cut/all over color (or roots) & highlights/lowlights/toner?

What if you alternate services? I get mine done every 8 weeks or so. Every other time she re-does the highlights, and inbetween its just all-over color for the roots. That way I pay $77.50 for the cut and color one time, and then $155 the next because it includes the highlights. I go to Jennifer at Pure Salon (next to Dairy Queen @ 4042). She is the salon owner and a master color mixologist, she is usually very busy and booked out atleast a few weeks unless shes got cancellations to fill in.