Chicken Wing Connoisseurs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Aug 12, 2010.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Buffalo is really in Canada, everyone knows that... :lol:

2. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone taking the time to help me out. I was talking about Buffaloe style wings and I should have been more clear. But it looks like all bases of wings were covered. Thanks ALL!

:cheers:

3. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Buffalo’s Southwest Cafe on Creedmoor has the best wings around these here parts.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But you have to go to the birthplace, the Anchor Bar!

5. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, That was my suggestion too. They are great and have other foods that is also great too. Of course since I was a bartender/server there years ago I am a little bias I guess. LOL Yumm, I think I need a Buffalo's fix!

6. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Buffalo Wild Wings...

IMHO, avoid Buffalo Wild Wings. I let my son choose where he wanted to eat this evening before he heads back to college tomorrow. He chose Buffalo Wild Wings. My family has eaten there on previous occasisions, but it's been a couple of years. Very disappointed. The wings were expensive, over-battered, over-cooked and small. Fries were soggy. Also, the service was inattentive and took a very long time for our food to come out once ordered. I think I'll keep my chicken wing money in Johnston County from now on.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

They have great chili!

DB's wife

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I dont like BWW either, I don't like the consistency of their sauces, its too thick. I don't like their breaded wings... and I can't say we've ever had great service there. <blech> IMHO you're paying for the name, they are overpriced for what you get, and that is quality & quantity.

9. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

I agree about the service. I have never had great service there. I tried their dry rub wings about 2 weeks ago. Blahh! LOL

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I detest that place. Mediocre food and horrible service each and every time. I flat out refuse to go back.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yeh...I'd much rather call that place on Loop Rd. and order wings! :mrgreen:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!!! Now I might have to get DH to fire up the grill!! :jester:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well you know my number when you do :lol::lol: On another note, CDH does have pretty good wings and on Monday nights after 3pm they are 1/2 price, we go get them there then and my DH is a wing picky person and he likes em

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

went to CDH to celebrate DH's BD today yesterday.

Does that even make sense?
    Whatever.

1/2 price wings on Sunday DH said they were "really good".

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

dang, wish you had gone today, we were there tonight. After my day in jury duty, i did not want to cook:lol::lol:

16. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

My vote is for Two Cousins, Definately the most authentic yankee wings. They are about $7.00 an order but well worth it.

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Had the wings at Characters Quarters tonight. They were well fried, nice size wings. Had the sauce on the side (as Usual), the cajun garlic, and the ginger something were both pretty tasty. Blue cheese dressing was thick and chunky. All in all, I liked the wings much better than the name of the place. :? (What's up with THAT???)

Also found out that on Tuesdays, you buy 10 wings ($8.39) and get 10 free.
    I'll be back.......on a Tuesday!!! 8)

18. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Where is Characters Quarters located? I've never heard of the place.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

It used to be the Garner Ale House....it's on 70, right beside Golden Corral, in Garner (of course)

20. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Tonight they are -- GO BILLS!!!!!:hurray: