JCC Textbooks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Luvgoose1, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So they have to ship them to you? Bummer. DD goes to UNCG and they just fill your order, then box 'em up and hold them till you come get 'em. :)

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I know they said that if you have finacial aid, you have to get them at the bookstore; if not, then you could order them online. I have finacial aid, so I didn't ask about how you go them once you paid for them.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

books needed, send me a private message if you can help

Beginning Algebra (w/cd and mymathlab)
    author: Marton-Gay
    edition: 5th
    ISBN: 9780321565259

English: Brief Penguin Handbk.
    author: Faigler
    Edition: 3rd
    ISBN: 9780205743421

Intro-computers
    Marquee Office 2007 Vista w/windows 7 pkg.
    auther: Rutkosky
    ISBN: 9780763840426

If you have these used, we could surely use them.

5. Sherry A.

6. Sherry A.

Western does the same but we have one semester here before going to Western. Sure wish JCC did the same.

Sherry

7. Sherry A.

My daughter talked to a friend who was going to JCC to get books. My daughter told her that my friends on 4042 had given us many suggestions and that the books she was looking for today would probably be gone and have to be reordered. Sure enough you guys were right. :mrgreen:

Sherry

8. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Anyone have the book for English 102

9. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

I just rented two books for my son on Chegg AND found an online coupon that saved me an extra 8% off of the total. These are both books that he needs for classes not related to his major, so he would not have kept them anyway. What a great deal and we also saved a tree or two. We will definitely take that approach for other classes when possible. I found the book for another class from someone on Craigslist for less than half price. And the last class is one that one of his friends took last year so he can borrow the book. Total damage for first semester at Wake Tech is $165... Total purchased new would have been over $500.

10. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

The only problem I have using sites such as Chegg, bookrental and/or Craig's list would be if the book for the course has a required CD as well. The fine print on all these websites are that they are not responsible for damaged CD's and that they cannot guarantee that the CD will accompany the book that you've rented or purchased used. Otherwise, if the course only requires a book its a great deal to buy used.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get the A&P flash cards? The JCC bookstore is suppose to have them in but have not received them yet. I was able to get the flash cards for the medical terminology class.

12. JenJen458

JenJen458 Well-Known Member

Well just got back from getting all my stuff for Anatomy (online) and there was only a small line (maybe 15 people). You don't get an actual book for A&P online it's just a CD and they had to go to the back to get my kit (which is a fairly good size box that I am afraid to open :lol:). I'm so glad I waited until today to get my stuff and didn't have to stand in those long lines. Now going to try and find my psych book somewhere cheaper.

13. JenJen458

Anyone know where to get a microscope from that isn't very expensive? I bought that kit for $230 that didn't even include a microscope so now I have to go out and find one before next week. I really wish I had known this before classes started that way I could have found one by now. I'm really starting to regret taking Anatomy online.

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

15. bandmom

anyone need these books:

Life the Science of Biology, (loose leaf edition) 8th edition ISBN - 9781429204590 also the study guide #9870716778936.

Rules for Writers 6th edition #13 9780312485733

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  16. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How about a new forum on the website called Books? Then instead of weeding through the classifieds or threads, people can post books they want to buy, sell or share? It wouldn't have to be limited to textbooks either. Just a thought...

17. ginger1989

There are some on campus that you can borrow. It's the room down past the bookstore. Someone in one of my classes said not to bother buying one.

18. bandmom

:iagree: or better yet a separate section in the classifieds - since not everyone comes to the forums. I think that would be a great idea - webbie!! :allears:

19. JenJen458

Yeah he said he put some in there to use, but I don't have time to run down there next week to use them. I went ahead and bought a cheap one. I'm sure my son will love it once I'm done with it. Are you taking the class with Awadallah? He said that the bookstore is gonna order the actual book in print so anyone who wants it can go get it. I am planning on taking the e-book code back and get the real book. I rather have an actual book then have to read everything off the computer.

20. ginger1989

I haven't opened mine yet, so I still have the option. I don't kow if they will exchange it or not. I hope so if I ddecide to.