terrastation.com?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rhw7879, Aug 10, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'd like to go out in public period without hearing rugrats shrieking. :cheers: I didn't allow my son to makes noise for the heck of it, but it seems that is an unpopular position lately.

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That's why they make ball gags

[​IMG]

3. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Hilarious! :lol:

4. RISteveH

RISteveH Well-Known Member

Boy I guess I kicked the hornet nest, But all I am trying to convey is don't promote the place like Capriccio's did and funnel the sushi people into the back and the Italian people to the front (which by the way was set up as restaurant seating) and expect people to enjoy there meal with a bar crowd present.
    As someone who was involved in a hugely successful restaurant in my younger years I know what works and what doesn't and that place will never have a successful establishment set up the way it is. Oh and as far as kids in restaurants, the only place I would not expect to see them is in a fine dinning establishment, and like said by someone else I would never let my kids be disruptive, there have been times when we've packed them up because they were getting cranky and finished our meals at home.

I've stated my feelings and that's the end of it for me.

5. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Are you talking about 40/42 or 40/210. I'm talking about 40/42. I'm sure the fast food restaurant I saw wasn't McD's because I remember thinking that McD's is usually the first fast food place to stake a claim and then all the rest follow...and how strange it was that someone beat them to it

6. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I believe you're right ,Tom. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it, but I think the Burger King came before the MickeyD's. The sewer out this way was put in by private interests instead of the county and the county had to reimburse them. I could be wrong but I think the sewer came in for the Burger King.

Of course, I'm old as hell and can't remember ****!!! 8)

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I'm going to try it tonight. I'll let you all know how it is.
    The last place went out of business before I got to try it. That's not going to happen this time. :)

8. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

TerraFin Station is Open !!

TerraFin Station is now open and serving.

9. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Mickey D's was there first, and my wife sez the only gas station was the Texaco next door. The only reason I remember that is that it's where we met the realtor to look at the house we live in now- that was in the summer of '94.

10. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

That's sick. Do they have one for adults who feel the need to use profanity in public?

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Now it's coming back to me! You're correct. Micky D's was there and a different developer wanted to put the BK in, but couldn't get sewer, because the first developer "owned" it. That's when the county bought the sewer and once it became "public", things BOOMED!!!.

12. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

My review....if anyone is interested. :lol:

For appetizers we had the calamari, fried shrimp, and stuffed mushrooms.
    They were all hot and fresh. The calamari was not rubbery like it is in some restaurants. Everything had a nice flavor and came out pretty fast after we ordered it.

I had a pina colada which tasted really fresh and was very good. Okay make that two. I had two pina coladas. Did I say they were very good?

A couple of snafus with dinner but we'll go back again.

My Husband had the salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans. He said it was delicious.

My Daughter had the chicken sandwich. It came grilled instead of fried and with no bacon and cheese. They brought it back with cheese but still forgot the bacon. The waitress brought her two pieces of bacon for her sandwich.

I ordered the linguine with chicken and broccoli in alfredo sauce. It came out with penne and the broccoli overpowered any other flavor it may have had. I ordered the ribs instead. They came out cold but they brought them back nice and hot. They are very spicy. If you like SPICY you will like the ribs. My Husband will most likely have them for lunch tomorrow.

Our waitress was very nice and did a great job.

The place is very open and loud. There were only 6 other tables seated while we were eating and it got really loud in there.

The decor is very plain but looks pretty clean.

I'm not a restaurant critic. I just play one in my spare time.

I hope you all enjoy it. We did. :)

It's really nice to have another choice at 4042 that isn't a chain restaurant or fast food.

Oh and we spent close to $100.00 with tip.

13. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Well I'll defer to the experts. I was living in Az at the time and came here on vacation to visit family. My brother-in-law and I went down to 40/42 to grab some lunch and get some gas. We used the drive thru, so maybe that's why I wasn't paying close attention to which FF place it was. Anyway, it's still funny to see it now compared to then....except between 5:30-6:00 pm. It's not funny at all then!

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thanks for that review! I can't wait to try it! My hubby l o v e s fresh calamari and will be pleased. me, I l o v e fresh pina~colada's :mrgreen:.

15. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what's sick...it's parents that think it's okay to take their children to a bar. If you ask me that's borderline abuse not to mention just downright rude to the adults trying to enjoy themselves.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If the ball-gag fits.... ;)

I don't see the problem with adults using adult language in an adult environment. I guess if I were easily offended or had "small ears" to be concerned with I'd be eating out at Cracker Barrel instead of a bar style restaurant.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers: Sometimes I "heart" the squirrel, LOL. DH had to ask some yahoo in a restaurant to tone it down once a couple years ago. If it was just the two of us..........eh.............I'd roll my eyes and go on, but it was in the middle of the day at a fast food place with DS present. The still kept on to the point that the manager asked them to leave. Some folks just don't have any sense at all.

18. HEMI

HEMI Member

I loved it

i went last night and had the AHI tuna and it was absolutley delicious. A lil pricey but not out of line with the quality of food as fresh and easily in line with an equal meal in a raleigh resturaunt. You can always go to apple bees or the dh and save about 3 or 4 bucks a peice, but you get what you pay for. i love what theyve done inside and the wait staff were helpful and freindly.
    I give it 41/2 stars for the area. they are putting in draft beer soon also.:cheers::cheers:

19. HEMI

HEMI Member

I love ****ing people off who want to be my parents. keep your kids out of a bar! at $3.00 a beer i pay for the priviledge to say a cuss word If i so choose. If your kids hear it , it is not my fault. It is yours as a parent. GET REAL!!!

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i love you:cheers: