Chicken Wing Connoisseurs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JoCoREZ, Aug 12, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If we had been there for Trivia we would have seen you, nut we have gotten into the habit of going every other week or so for that trivia, while we play every Thursday night at Mckinley's and move around the area to other trivia bars when we can.

2. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

My wife's are the best, but as far as restaraunts go Wild Wings Cafe up by Brier Creek has 34 different flavors of wings and three levels of heat for each. Sounds like a nice night out when the youngest leaves for college next week.

3. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

If only Zaxby's served beer...

I agree w/ the majority of opinions on here.

BW3s gets suckier and suckier.

The best place I used to get wings was J.R. Cricket's across the street from The Varsity in Atlanta midtown. I was working on the Georgia Tech campus and when flying home would get dropped off there at J.R.'s. It looked rough, but you could get cheap, good wings and a tall boy, have a chat w/ the owner and then walk to the MARTA station w/ a good buzz and a full stomach.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ate at a BW3 in Grand Rapids, MI last night and I agree, those were the worst wings I have had in a long time.

5. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

As long as your in Michigan you should head over to Frankenmuth and get some fried chicken!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

May be for Christmas! :mrgreen:

7. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

best wings are hands down at

Em-R-Wings in Apex off of Williams Street. It's worth the drive to try them. It is a dive of a place, but the wings plus their home made chips with cheese sauce is one of the best greasy meals I have ever had. Plus they give you texas toast with melted cheese on it.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

DH made these today........low and slow........YUM!

[​IMG]

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

That German fried chicken is not good. We lived in Michigan 5 years and everyone kept telling us about the fried chicken in Frankenmuth. We tried it twice. The 1st time we thought maybe it was a bad day. 2nd time convinced us that Michiganers have no idea what good fried chicken is. Souther fried chicken is much better! Smithfield Barbecue & Chicken has better. And Mama Dips in Chapel Hill is better than SBNC. And chicken fried by a number of Clayton ladies is much better!

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I ain't no Clayton lady, but mine ain't half bad, neither!!! 8)

(Besides being bad grammar, was that a quadruple negative, or just a double double?) ;)

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:drool:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

where was our inviation? :cry:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sorry ladies........it was a "private" party, LOL.

14. dgsatman

Reckon I'll be having some home cooked wings in the next day or two. just came from Clayton Food Town and caught some wings for $1.79 a lb. If you've priced them lately......well, the last ones I saw there were $3.79. I won't pay that for boneless skinless breasts, much less wings!

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

tell me about it - my wings are always the hit of our Superbowl parties but dang last year were that not only hard to find but outrageous in price. That is what happens when something becomes popular i guess:twisted:

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Where is that???

17. dgsatman

Coming into town from 42W, it's on the right one block before Main. Corner of Second and Lombard. They had ground beef for $1.79 also.

18. CraigSPL

One of the best places in Clayton to get meats as well.

19. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Yes! We actually go there just to buy air dried sausage! Great quality of meats.

20. CraigSPL

Was at Characters Quarters last night and noticed their ad for Tuesdays buy 10 wings get 10 free.

BTW.....hard to pass up their beer special on Wednesday night. $6 pitcher domestic and $8 pitcher import. Also noticed they have their own food challenge now. Eat the Characters burger, Guy's big dog and an order of fries in 35 minutes.

http://www.charactersquarters.com/menu.htm

Check out the burger and dog on the menu.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010