TerraFin Station Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jbny2076, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jbny2076

jbny2076 Well-Known Member

Howdy Folks,

Just wanted to pass along that TerraFin Station is now open. For those that don't know it is located where Cappriccio 42 was. So feel free to check it out and try the food, etc. I know several of us have missed having a decent, non fastfood restaurant, around this area. For those that go i hope you enjoy it. I am sure i will be trying it this weekend ;).

Cheers,
    Joe

2. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

It's good to see local businesses patronizing other local businesses by paying for advertising space :roll: Just opened and you're starting off on the wrong foot already. Oh well.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

can't wait to check this place out! the menu looks yummy!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

5. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

WOW!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

I read on their website that they used to work at Bahama Breeze! THAT FOOD IS MOUTH WATERING!!!!

Hmmmm I wonder if they can make the frozen Bahama Mama's that I used to drink there!

OK...really hungry now!!! And I need a drink after this week I've had!

6. jbny2076

Wow aren't you a class act. You have an issue with me posting a message on a message board about my friends restaurant? Get a life dude.

7. jbny2076

I hope those that do try the restaurant enjoy it. It is nice to have another option close to home. I can only eat so much Smithfields and Draft house, lol.

8. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I dont see anything wrong with someone saying that the restaurant is open on this website. Word of mouth advertising is the #1 way to advertise. Tom if you got anything bad to say keep it to yourself instead of trying to give a new buisness a bad name.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well they have my wholehearted congrats, Dh and i went yesterday evening to check it out and i could not have been more impressed. They seriously completely redid the interior, non recognizable at all from the old place. It is bright, cheery & awesomely clean looking in there, everything is completely different, i still cannot get over it. On the most important note, the bathrooms were completely redone and are clean and sanitary with everything brand new. i seriously could not get over the difference, it was like walking into a totally different place. The staff was great, so friendly and professional and the owners are the nicest people and so accommodating to your every need. The only down side was the calamari, i am a calamari snob and it probably would have been very good but it was too well done and there was more fried breading on my plate than calamari but hey, it was only their 2nd night open so i am more than willing to give it a try again. All that being said, i just want to welcome this new establishment to our community and thank them for a wonderful evening and i will definitely be back soon:cheers:

10. roca1216

Good to hear that they remodeled the whole place. It needed a facelift to get the feeling out of the place from the previous restaurants. From one Chef to another "GOOD LUCK" and I hope the restaurant does well.

11. Tom Servo

So if I go and don't like it I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinion? How very obamaesque of you. :lol:

12. roca1216

Im not saying that. If you go and dont like the food than you have a right to say what happened. Its very hard to open a restaurant. A friend was being nice and caring saying that the place is open and you took it upon yourself thinking it was the restaurant posting. Your saying something bad about someone and it wasnt even them. You need to get the full facts before you make a statement!

13. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

My wife and I went there for lunch and the food was very good. I had the ribeye and it was very flavorful. I do thing that there should be a couple of more side-dish offerings. My wife had the blackened salmon pasta and she liked it.

I do think that they should have a menu posted at the door. I would also like if they served bread when you sit down.

I would go back, but not with my whole family. It would be too expensive for us. If it was just my wife and I on a date, I'd go back.

14. jbny2076

Two things Tom. First i was a big fan of Capriccio42. I ate there at least twice a week. Yes twice. Most of the time three days a week. Can you say the same? So i was sad when it closed. Second, i never knew this website had a place for businesses to buy space/advertise etc. I will mention that to the owners.

On as side note you need to learn how to communicate in a more constructive/helpful way and get rid of that chip on your shoulder. I was simply letting folks know, in my own community, that a new restaurant was opening. So don't turn this into a nonsense thread or a political thread. If you don't like the food after eating there then say so. Be constructive about it. Just be an adult about it. If you have an issue with my post PM me and we can take it from there. I will also mention the adverstising now that i have seen the page.

On a side note i am glad most folks enjoy the place and for those that have issues thanks for posting them. I mentioned to the owner yesterday that i put a note on here and they will check the post when they get time to see the feedback.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  15. Tom Servo

Really? Let's go back and take a look...

:roll:

16. Tom Servo

Congrats. What's the price of tea in China these days?

Of course not. My wife is an excellent cook and in obama's economy I've decided to keep a close eye on my money.

Right, because all those banner ads from local businesses are so well hidden.

On a not so side note, you need to learn to express an opinion without trying to stifle the same in others. You had the right to post your information, and I had a right to take exception to it. Damn, that two why street thing sucks, doesn't it?

And yet somehow you missed a thread that was fourth on the list from the top saying the exact same thing...in which some folks raised a concern over the prices. Hmmmmmm

I will, and I'll choose the manner in which I do it.

As opposed to a child who sticks his fingers in his ears when he doesn't want to listen to what other's have to say? Grow up, Elmer.

Nope, don't think i will. We both have the privilege of posting here.

BTW, if you want to a "friend" to the owner, you may want to reconsider this course of action. Coming onto a very popular community forum and telling people what they can and can't say and how they should and should not act isn't a very bright idea, especially when you're a....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  17. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Can not wait to try it out! I would love if they had steamed oysters or oysters rockefeller too as an appetizer. With all the other seafood options that would be fabulous. Well for me and my friends it would be fabulous. LOL

Wishing them much success. As a former GM of a restaurant I know they have a lot of hard work ahead of them and I wish them the best. So glad to see a new option in the area with "real" (or satisfying) food choices too. LOL

18. jbny2076

Tom lets meet for lunch then. Let me know when and where. Surely you are man enough to meet face to face? Surely you don't call people a noob and hide behind a keyboard. And no i don't plan to cause a confrontation this isn't high school. Lunch is on me. Be happy to listen to why you feel the need to post on threads the way you do and why you think i own this restaurant. Hell we can even meet there for lunch or dinner. You can even bring your wife who is an excellent cook.

19. Tom Servo

Oh Lord, here we go with the "man enough" thing again.

You certainly are doing your friend a great disservice by calling people out and accusing them of being cowards, especially when you don't know who those people are or what government agency they work for. Some folks around here don't play silly New York school yard chest bumping games. Around here, some folks play for keeps...and they don't play fair.

BTW, am I right in assuming that your friend has all his/her liquor licenses in order and can pass a surprise health inspection with no trouble? ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  20. Tom Servo

What side dishes were available?

That's one of the many things that I liked when I lived in Germany. All restaurants there (including fast food places) have to have a menu posted outside. I assume to make sure people don't wander into expensive establishments when they can't afford it. I agree, I think restaurants should do that here out of courtesy to their potential patrons.

Do you mind sharing the cost of your meals?