I had some of the BEST ice cream yesterday!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

My daughter is trying out for cheerleading so to pass the time, we stopped at Mimmzi's ice cream cafe at Riverwood. After sampling a couple of flavors, I got the red velvet cake flavor. It had real chunks of red velvet cake in it. Surprisingly enough, for ice cream, the cake was really moist and not soggy at all! It was the BEST ice cream I've had in a long time. My friend got the extreme chocolate, and she said it was the best chocolate she's ever had!

Anyway, Mimmzi's is considered more of a neighborhood ice cream cafe since its in Riverwood, but I thought I would pass it on. If you are in the area, definately stop out. Its nice to have some other options other than Dairy Queen and Baskin Robbins. :):hurray:

2. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Hey, Thanks for sharing! I am always up for an icecream shop!!! I called the lady to get directions and I told her I heard about her shop from you on 40/42. She remembered you when I said you were there with your cheerleader daughter.

She said to tell you thanks for passing along the info!!!

I'll be taking my mother out for a treat tonight!!! I'm so tired for DQ!!!

Thanks again!

3. ferrickhead28

No problem! I hope you enjoy it! We went two days in a row, lol. Its addicting. I got so sick of DQ and Baskin Robbins. All I every wanted was a chocolate malt..nothing special. BR was always out of malt powder and DQ always gave me a milkshake!!!! I got a really good chocolate malt at Miimzi's, but then I became addicted to the red velvet cake ice cream, lol. I seriously, would drive to the cupcake shop in Raleigh just to have one! Now all I have to do is drive to Riverwood, lol. :D

I love Clayton. :)

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

That red velvet ice cream sounds good. Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between a milkshake and a malt?

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The only distinguishing difference is that malts, also called malteds, include malted milk powder in addition to the typical milkshake ingredients. As a result, a malt has a distinctive slightly sour flavor

6. ferrickhead28

Yep! The previous poster got it. :)

Oh believe me, I'm a huge fan of red velvet cake. That ice cream is the BEST. I never knew it was an ice cream flavor, so seeing that totally made my day. :)

Try it, let me know what you think! :)

~Heather

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ever try Whopper Malted Milk balls? Basically it is the Malt powder used in malted milk coated in chocolate.

8. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Best Ice Cream?

Is it better than Porter's ?

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So it's frozen Ovaltine?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

We weren't rich, I never had Ovaltine, so I don't know.

Sorry

Here I will play it myself :nopity: :jester:

12. Cleopatra

I didn't think you had to be rich to have Ovaltine. Ralphie had it in Christmas Story. :lol:

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I never got a BB Gun either! :x

14. Cleopatra

You'll shoot your eye out, kid. ;)

15. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Actually I saw it yesterday in Food Lion. Can't remember the brand, but the flavor was there.

16. ferrickhead28

I so have to make a trip to Food Lion now.. :D

Thanks!

17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

If you want to have some REALLY good ice cream, and are up for a road trip...Brushy Mountain Creamery in Wilkesboro is THE BEST! I am an ice cream connieseur (sp?) and I am serious! That's where our cabin used to be, and if we thought the kids would be up for it, we would drive out there one day just for the ice cream. It's all homemade, and as soon as you walk in you can smell the goodness! Hubby swears by black cherry, but I used to get some chocolate kind, can't remember. Homemade waffle cones too.......mmmmmmmmmm.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I made some homemade peach ice cream over the weekend. It was almost as good as the homemade strawberry a couple weeks ago. :jester:

19. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

and yet, you didn't post it on here that you were making homemade ice cream? How dare you hog it all to yourself!

I made some homemade banana the other day, simple recipe, cut bananas into slices, freeze for 2-3 hrs on a plate, blend in blender or food processor. add a lil honey or sugar if you want to sweeten it a bit, but no need if they're ripe. MMMMM MMMM Tasty!

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Speaking of red velvet....

Yoplait has a red velvet yogurt that is surprisingly pretty good considering it's yogurt.