Toyota 4 Runner OR Ford Explorer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 23, 2010.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Yep....that one

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We had just done about $1600 worth of work on it (like 6 weeks earlier), it had 194,000 on it, and I had hoped to get another few years out of it. Because I showed the insurance company the repair bills, I actually was reimbursed part of that money too on the claim.

So as not to have hijacked the thread... I can add that my sister and mother both had 4WD 97 and 2000 4Runners and loved them! My sister blew the motor on hers last summer, and it had almost 200,000 on it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's OK, I know how threads go :grouphug:

Thanks for the input.
    Hopefully I'll feel like going tomorrow to Auction Direct & Capital Ford to see what they have to say.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Looks like they are pretty easy to unload!

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

If I had the dough, I'd buy one of the 2011 Dodge Durangos. That is going to be one seriously tough-looking SUV. It's going to be built off the Ram pickup platform instead of the Dakota.

6. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I had a Ford Explorer and I cannot recommend buying one. Although I loved it for the first few years, at about 120k miles, it became almost impossible to turn the steering wheel, which obviously made driving difficult and dangerous. Several months worth of taking it to the dealership and even a few independent auto shops, and no one could figure out how to fix the problem. Replaced everything from the bearings to the steering controls, etc. Finally sold it for scrap. Will never buy another Ford automobile.

7. harleygirl

I drove an 07 Explorer V-6 with 4 wheel drive today and it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't good either. Engine was noisy, moreso than the F150
    Will be test driving an 05 4-Runner tomorrow, we'll see.

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We really like our 02 Explorer...we had some transmission issues and some wheel baring issues, but it's been a good vehicle and it's a comfortable ride.

9. harleygirl

That's what I've been reading about the Explorers. Not even happy about it.

FOUND a 4- Runner already. :lol:

DH said, "try not to buy a car before I get home from work"

WOULD I DO THAT? :twisted: