Dermatologist in the are

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 1pittsburgh, Jan 15, 2010.

1. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good dermatologist in the area? My daughter has a rash that will not go away. My dermatologist is in Raleigh. If possible I would like to find one locally in the Clayton area.

2. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I have only been once, but my mom goes all the time to Azalea Dermatology in Garner.

3. roygolf

roygolf Well-Known Member

Azalea Skin Center is terrific!

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: I like Dr Poole at Azalea.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

A food allergy? When my son ate excessive Ketsup on his food he would break out in a rash. Took awhile to pin point that one.

6. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

i thought Azalea was only good at cosmetic stuff. they were awful at a real skin problem diagnosis. I have terrible ecezema...have for a very long time and all they did was same oh well here hydrocotizone. Tried to sell me microdermabrasion and other stuff not focused on o the medical issue.
    Went to another guy in Raleigh on blue ridge road. He gave me the allergy testing. didnt do squat.
    Got annoyed and went to Duke. The Physician I sAw ,Dr west gave me three creams. Now I only use one and most of it stays away.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hate Azalea. Do a search and you will see previous threads on them. :? Got an inch long scar on my cheek thanks to their complete incompetance.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You might not want to go that far, but Dr. Neil Prose at Duke University is the Director of Pediatric Dermatology. He is good with children, soft-spoken and very, very knowledgable. He is one of several in the Pediatric Dermatology Clinic over there. He also teaches Dermatology at Duke, so he's only in the clinic two or three days a week. Its a little out of the way, but if you want a solid opinion, he's the one to talk with.

9. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

Azalea is terrible and I will never go back.

10. redsox2008

redsox2008 Guest

I went to Dr. Tomar at the Summit in Clayton... great guy and he knows his stuff!

11. Azalea is Great

I had a problem with Alopecia areata in the back of my head. They started with a conservative treatment by giving me a topical solution. When it didn't work, they gave me 3 shots in my head that did the trick.

I like the people and they do a great job!

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Since the topic has been renewed, what did you find out about your daughter's rash?

13. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

My Mom needed to see a dermatologist, so I searched the site and read through this thread before deciding to make her an appointment with Dr. Tomar at The Summit in Clayton. Her appointment was this afternoon, and I just wanted to pass on a recommendation for this doctor. He was excellent - took his time, explained what he was doing and why, which really put my Mom at ease. I was completely impressed!!

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I agree!

15. Proverbs31

Proverbs31 Member

Polley Clinic in Smithfield!

16. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

Azaela found Melanoma and possibly saved my life....I keep going there! I think they are awesome!

17. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

Dr. Tomar at The Summit in Clayton - - great doctor

18. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I just made myself an apt with Dr. Tomar for Friday. I will report back.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I've been going to him since the above referral...and I LOVE HIM and his staff. I just had a small surgical procedure done a couple of weeks ago too, and I just love him.

20. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

Well, it's Raleigh, but we have used Dr. Flynn at Family Dermatology off Duraleigh Road and love them. My daughter is severely autistic and they take their time in dealing with her and answer all my questions, even looking at a bit of a rash that flares up from time to time in addition to the fingernail issue we went in for. Strongly recommend them.