Pinatas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by J34, Aug 26, 2010.

1. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Anyone remember if AC Moore, in their new party section, has pinatas? I'm trying not to spend too much on one for my son's Tom & Jerry bday party. It's just going to get bashed anyway, right?! Alternatively if anyone runs into a Q for Party City, please point me towards it. Thanks!!

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

BJs has them already filled with candy for about $10.

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You could always make one.

4. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

DMJMom, that's awesome! i would need to check into one of those 30-day free passes, not a BJ's member...but i'm also picky about candy...the junk candy never goes away in our house...i'd rather have a bunch of tootsie rolls. ;)

Cleo, curse you for this idea. this will officially go down in my book as i know i am capable so why don't i do it? that will be right after the scrapbooking and other craft supplies i have in my garage gathering dust...but one day i will do them. :) ok, fine. my hubby's going to kill me, but we are now going to be making a pinata. it'll be a bonding experience (oh, i kill me! that was totally not a planned pun). maybe it won't be so darn hard to break as the one we ordered online for the last party.

so off i go...to gather my AC Moore and Michael's Q's for supplies.

thanks!!

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

But I'd rather spend the 10-25 bucks as my "time" to make one of these things is worth more.

Gotten to where I look at alot of things in life that way now days.

6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

craig--agreed...usually...but i also am starting to loop back around to, hey, girl, slow down and spend some time with something instead of just checking something off your list...it's therapeutic. i remember back in the day (i can not even believe how long ago it was now) in high school in my photography class when you develop your own film and photos...and you can absolutely do nothing else in that dark tiny room except the task at hand. your mind couldn't wander b/c you'd screw something up and waste everything you'd worked to capture on that film.

7. Cleopatra

True, but it is fun, esp if the kids are involved in making it. They remember stuff like that. It's so easy too. Blow up a balloon, paper mache, dry one day, paint the next!

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Off on a tangent--Ah yes, the high school photography class dark room...what a way to waste a class period. And the teacher couldn't come in once you were locked in because that would ruin the pictures :lol: We used to try to shoot each other with the end caps off of the film rolls by banging them on the cinder block walls to open them up. For a small fee, we might be convinced to take and develop a picture of that cute boy you'd been admiring from afar.

9. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I picked up two of the BJ's pinatas. They are not the big character ones (like 3-D shaped horses and stuff), but are the flat ones that are about 5-6 inches thick. They are mostly round, with pictures of dinosaurs, a soccer themed one, one with fairies, cars, and then one that is more star-shaped with a picture of a sun on it. My favorite part is that they are full of 2 pounds of Willy Wonka candy. So the kids will get good candy. And there is a spot where you can add more candy if you want. Not bad for $13. Thanks!!

10. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

ooooo, so maybe i just need to go to bj's and get one of those and cover the picture with something appropriate to my kid's party. it's just for him, his brothers, us, and the grandparents...not for a whole party...so that's an idea. :)

11. Cleopatra

Yeah, just get some pics of Tom & Jerry off the internet and then beat them with a stick until their candy guts fall out!

12. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

gotta love those old cartoons. :)

13. Cleopatra

Tom & Jerry was my favorite, my kids watch it on cable now.

14. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

gotta love cable. ;) although i must say phineas and ferb is right up there with the kids and me too. i'd say hands-down, go-to favorite for the kids is still scooby doo....amazing.

15. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I love phineas and ferb! My little guy loves Scooby Doo, although I have to say that I'm not a big fan of the new ones. The story lines are very lacking and I really don't like how they're trying to layer in the romances between Shaggy and Velma, and Fred and Daphne. I might buy some of the old ones on DVD for my little guy, and put an end to the new episodes.

16. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

yeah, the fred/daphne references are getting old...it's just not useful to the story...the old episodes are definitely the best. my kids love the scooby doo meets batman and robin dvd.

as far as phineas and ferb...i find myself walking around work singing those stupid songs. ;) it really is quite a clever show.