Rant of the day...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Me too! More than I can say, Kaci. I'll talk to you soon.

Sherry

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

so i missed my shot at mowing towards the end of last week or whatever then worked all dang weekend then it rained like a foot in the next 3 days and now half the yard is still a swamp and half is a jungle and i'm working 3 shows this weekend and i'm sorry neighbors i WANT to mow my grass but some things out of my control have prohibited it this week and i will do some this weekend but don't be mad if it's not til monday.

unless it rains...

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:mrgreen:

DB.......my poor DH just had to mow our front yard twice........it is a mess!! He was working and was then out of town, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Youse has to get in line... he's asposed to be workin' on the info I sent him. :mrgreen::hurray::mrgreen:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ohh..........I don't think he'll mind if we share. :jester: :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Hmmm....squirrel nuts for 2.... :hurray:

Just resent the email ...Don't know why the first didn't make it to you, sent it Wednesday morning.

Aha! Now I see... you were busy!!

[​IMG]

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've got a rant for yesterday. Not sure if it was just someone who is just old and absent-minded or perhaps feeling a little vindictive, but I didn't appreciate them speeding up only after I pulled out to pass them on a two-lane highway! I came up on a Mercury Grand Marquis on a two-lane highway yesterday doing about 50 in a 55. So, I pull out to pass and since they are going so slow, I didn't think I needed to floor it to pass. I swing out to go around and when I get beside of them, they hit the gas too and try to match my speed. Here we both are going about 65 now side-by-side and we're approaching a curve about 3/4 mile down the road. Of course, I'm the one stuck in the wrong lane. So, I end up having to floor it anyway. I should've just punched it to begin with.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

My rant for the day is I couldn't putt for crap. Had 14 out of 18 GIR's and still ended up shooting an 89 today......sucks.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My rant for the day is that I can't stand stupid people.

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree: that is where my tolerance runs out

11. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Time for my RANT!!

Anyone ever have any problem with Johnston Auto Salvage? I thought the whole point of a salvage yard was to be able to PULL PARTS, Pay for em, and walk away knowing you had your part in helping out the environment. But no, not at JAS! They tell you to walk to the top of the hill, all the models are together, well there was NOT one make or model where they said they'd be. so as I was walking back, I found where all the cars were that I could use...I pulled my parts, went to pay, and was chewed out because I took the parts off the car. Hmmm, I thought that was what it was there for!

Any Better salvage yards around?

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There's Bevell's PIY (Pull It Yourself) In Goldsboro. A bit of distance, but not unreasonable. You might also look up Young's Auto Salvage. I think they have two locations...one in Benson and another south of Goldsboro.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

LKQ on 70?

14. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

My rant for today is...I really wish some of the school teachers and admin would find something to focus on besides the "kool-aid" hair that was a trend over the summer. Just give up on the hair thing, really. Because one of the assistant principal's wild hair-dos was more of a distraction than the little red or blue streaks that are mostly on the underside of the girls' hairstyles. Quit harrassing them, change the policy unless you are going to police ALL of the bad dye-jobs, especially the gothic black ones...with the roots showing...and the dark-lights on blond...etc, etc. Quit being big meanies to the kids just because you can, and quit making control-freak policies. Kool-aid fades. Just get over it, and find something real to focus on...like bullying, and cheating, and kids that didn't get breakfast. And maybe take a Midol. Just :chillpill:

15. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I went to #2 son's MS indoc the other day and they told us about the 'no hair coloring' policy. All the teachers are standing in line behind the principal, all with straight faces (..and many w/dark roots!)

16. lookinoutformyneighbors

lookinoutformyneighbors Active Member

Mowing grass and aiming the chute into the street

When some persons are cutting grass, why do they feel the need to aim the mower chute in the direction of the street? All that does is pile the clippings onto the streets, so that other persons have to deal with them instead. The majority of them don't stop the mower blades when cars are passing by, so that even leads to more potential risks! The ones that seem to do it the most often in my neighborhood are the ones that let the grass grow very long (1 to 2 feet tall) and then and only then, they decide to cut it. What's wrong with these people?

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Disagree with the uniforms but the hair is a school policy.

Sherry

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

+1

19. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I do realize it is a school policy...I just don't think it is fair to enforce it selectively (the whole point is that "unnatural hair colors" are distracting...total black dyed hair that turns purple in the sunlight is just as distracting (and unnatural the way the emo/goth kids wear it) as the kool-aid hair, and so are the weird unnatural dark streaks some have, as well as dark roots growing out or blazing bleach blond hair) And it is just my opinion, and I know very well what those are worth, but I think it is a pretty stupid policy personally, because unless the hair is sticking up in points a foot off of someone's head and blocking your view of the blackboard it just can't be that distracting. I just wish they'd put more efforts where it really matters, because they seem to enjoy the power-trip of enforcement more than anything, and they enforce selectively which isn't even remotely close to fair.

I just want to clarify that none of my children have kool-aid dyed hair...so it's nothing personal...I just keep hearing about it happening to kids in their classes (they get sent to ISS) which is distracting and traumatizing to what seem to otherwise be very good students and children.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sorry! :mrgreen: