Menopause?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Aug 29, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I think I've been experiencing some nightly hot-flashes lately.My question is should I go on hormone replacement or not? My sister uses the patches and she only pays about $20 for a three month supply,since we don't have any insurance $20 a month doesn't sound bad.
    My other sister was using the herbal alternative but with limited results.
    Anyone else in the midst or beginning of menopause?
    Thanks in advance!

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Nothing sacred on this board. LOL. Carry on.

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Use NOTHING. I would be afraid of cancer. You will get thru it.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Caveat: I am not there yet, so I can't say for sure what I will or won't do. BUT, keep in mind, it is a natural life process that does not necessarily need to be "medicated." I'm not sure that our bodies are meant to keep having those hormones pumped into us far beyond what nature intended. I'd do some research if I were you.

5. CAROLINA SUN

CAROLINA SUN Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use anything. My sister in law used them for a long time and she now has Cancer....

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I feel your pain/hot flash! I too have begun experiencing symptoms. I have not talked to my (female) GYN about hormone replacement, but as you say, most of what I hear is not good. I found this site http://www.womentowomen.com/default-portal1.aspx and have been using their supplements for about 10mths and altho it didn't get rid of them completely, they were less intense, mostly the nightly hot flashes and sleeping better. At first I could tell a real difference, but lately seems my symptoms are becoming less manageable - so not sure what I'll do from here, try to tough it out as long as I can I guess? :banghead:

To those who say 'don't do anything, its a natural process'. Childbirth is a natural process too, but did you use drugs to help you through it? :lol:
    Everyone experiences different degrees of symptoms, so I'd say unless you're been through it, then you shouldn't give advice. Some women have very mild symptoms and others suffer a great deal.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Don't wag your finger at me, I said I wasn't there yet and can't say for sure what I would do. However, I have seen the hell that both my Grandmother and my Mother have gone through, so if I want to put it out there that you may want to research the issue, then I am going to. 8)

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone else is having hot flashes....:jester:

9. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

This could be something other than menopause; make sure it is not your thyroid. I speak from experience...

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

No finger waggin intended, and I agree about doing research. :chillpill:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nope, just telling it like it is. :cheers:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:chillpill:Really?? Did you or did you not state that since I hadn't been through menopause I should keep my opinion to myself?

13. AnnetteL

Thanks for the advice so far everyone!

14. AnnetteL

Didn't quite expect you to be reading the "Menopause" thread :lol:

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

LOL, it's better than the Emmy Red Carpet show.

16. AnnetteL

Got to agree on that one!! :lol:

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

What age do womens usually start noticing issues? :?

Ya'll are freaking me out!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

late 40's early 50's usually. Unless you are like my Mom and have to have a hysterectomy at 24 years old. Then it hits about 10 years later.

20. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

AnnetteL Increase your intake of protein, :lol: heard that helps