srray cats? maybe not

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dangerboy, Aug 29, 2010.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

for the past coupla weeks we have had a few adolescent cats show up on our door step. Almost always at night. They seem to be about 4 months old. They are very friendly, clean and look well fed. They meow on our front porch for hours. I know for sure one is a male. I see them occasionally during the day. Another one showed up two days ago and hasnt left (yes we will probably keep her) She is super friendly. I wonder if someone has dropped off a litter. They dont look a like at all. This latest one is Siamese. They seem too friendly to be ferrell (sp) We didnt feed the first ones but have started feeding this last one. Any opinions on where they might be coming from?

Also what is the cheapest way to have a stray neutered and to get their shots?

DB's wife

PS Im meant to type "stray" not "srray cats" lol

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

They used to do it for free at the vet school in Raleigh,I believe they still do,I think it's called Operation Catnip.

3. dangerboy

Thanks! I hope they still do. I will check that out tomorrow.
    She is a very sweet cat.

DB's wife

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Probably be more appropriate if they called it Operation Catsnip.

5. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

there is place called snap that alters cats, was in smithfield on thursday. also spca does it a low cost. keep the siamese. they are the best cats. it breaks my heart to see unwanted cats especially siameses.wish i could take one but we have 4 cats.

6. dangerboy

this will make number 4 for us.
    Now 4 cats
    5 chickens
    3 hermit crabs
    2 gerbils
    1 fish
    1 snake

My husband is such a sucker when it comes to animals. If I didnt put my foot down he would take in every stray that comes in our yard. Occasionally he gets me when im having a weak moment. lol
    this kitty is so sweet. i cant tell if she is just naturally loving or maybe in heat. Other than being really loving she doesnt have the other symptoms of being in heat.
    I know Siamese cats are really vocal but are they also known for being really affectionate?

DB's wife

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

KD's had/had a Siamese, she may be able to answer your question. My uncle had one that could have passed for the devil himself. I hated that cat, LOL.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

9. AnnetteL

10. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

srray cats? Answer is a srray cat is a stray cat but becomes srray cat after a few drinks`,,:lol:
    jj

11. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i have 3 meezers, and they are all very affectionate. siamen(simon) sits on my lap and sleeps with me and comes when called by his name and nickname boogie. he isnt vocal and chirps like a cricket. samsen has the siamese meow(mow) and is very loving. he is at your feet when you are up and follows you. sinnamen is a flame point is loving but at his terms. i havent met a mean one, i dont know why they have that rap on them. we got all 3 when they were kittens so we bonded. they demand alot of attention

12. dangerboy

had her scanned today and she has no chip. looks like we have a new addition to our family.
    now to save money for shots and having her fixed. $$$$$$$$
    Donations welcomed. ha ha ha

DB's wife

13. dangerboy

clayton animal hospital recommended SNAP (no longer mobile) for the cheapest spay

14. AnnetteL

Operation is catnip is free and even provides a rabies shot.

15. dangerboy

guess i could lie....

16. AnnetteL

You wouldn't be the first one ;)
    It's free but it's also a bit more complicated since you got to put her in a cage etc.the night before I think.