Carpet Installation and Sheetrock Finished

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by dgsatman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

In the next week or so I am going to be needing someone to hang and finish some sheetrock for me. and will also need some carpet installed.

I am NOT looking for a contractor, or contractor prices, for that matter. What I am looking for is someone with experience who is out of work, has their own tools, and can do a good job for good pay. I would like to help someone who needs it, and save a little money along the way ,because I too, for reasons some of you know, have been going down some rocky roads as of late.

I will probably only have about 20 sheets of rock to Hang and finish, about half of it in the ceiling (8 ft). I am looking for a per board or per sq. ft. price, or just a quote for the whole job. I will have about 1100-1200 sq. ft, of carpet to lay in 4 rooms. About half of it will be directly on floor and the other half possibly with padding. I have the carpet, but may need some padding. Again, looking for sq. ft or total job quote.

If you are out of work, do not come in and quote me what your boss would have quoted, because you will not get the job. Remember, you don't have all that overhead that he had to deal with. Give me a price that your boss would have paid you as an employee, and you will probably get the job, as well as a bonus if you do it well and in a timely fashion.

If you or someone you know with experience and tools needs a days work, please PM me. Would like for you to look at the job before you quote, and need to make sure you'll be there when you say. The sheetrock probably needs to be done the first of the week, and the carpet towards the end of the following week.

Thanks to any and all who respond and to those who may pass this along.

Satman

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

we had a friend of DH's come do our's, well actually DH and i hung most of it ourselves but i started doing the finishing and it was a pain so DH called him. i will ask DH if he is still looking for sidework - he gave us a great price and did a great job, totally professional cause it is what he did his whole life.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh, I need to get with you about the speakers and other stuff. :mrgreen:

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

When you find this special someone please ask if it would be okay for you to share his name/contact info. with the rest of us. I've had a few things on the same line of work your having done and it'd be great to be able to get them done in a reasonable price range and help someone out at the same time. Two birds, one stone and everyone wins.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

For carpet I recommend Danny Johnson. His wife is on this Forum.
    Just found his telephone # 550-5294. Lives in McGee's Crossroads

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. dgsatman

Not looking for one person to do both jobs necessarily. One for the carpet and one for the drywall will be fine. :)

7. dgsatman

Thanks Bucky. I know Danny well, just haven't seen him since he moved, nor did I know how to get in touch with him. I appreciate the digits!

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You're not covering up those beautiful hardwoods are you?

9. dgsatman

Nope, just getting rid of some nasty old carpet in a couple of rooms, and also need the sheetrock work and carpet for my new business venture, hopefully opening in a few weeks.

10. Cleopatra

Don't you get rid of those rugs either. Cheesecake -> this fall. :)

11. dgsatman

Can't get rid of those! Those are antiques from my Granny!!! 8)

Thumbs up on the cheesecake, just need to get my house in order first.... in more ways than one.

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

His new number is 464-5360 :)

Thanks for the shout out!!

Signed his wife

13. Cleopatra

Same here, but I'll be done soon and the kids are back in school!

14. n4tcp

n4tcp Active Member

Drywall guy?

Did you ever find a drywall guy? I'm looking for one as well. Thanks.

15. dgsatman

The response has been underwhelming, to say the least. Obviously the economy is in fine form and there is relatively little unemployment, at least around here. :?

16. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Is this still a good number. Someone in neighborhood need some carpet stretched.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Seems the same to me. I've been trying to get someone to just trim and shape some bushes in front of the house and can't get anyone to respond to an email or even a "prominent" lanscaping business owner in the area to even respond to photos and my contact info I dropped off. Must be so much demand for bigger jobs nobody wants something small like this one.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I have a great friend that takes care of a few in my neighborhood & i am sure he will take care of what ya need, he is in my bni group