Skydiving!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Sep 4, 2010.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Hey y'all, have you guys try skydiving yet? If you did, I would love to hear all about it, as I'm planning on doing it - soon!

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

We did the inside skydiving as a family and hubby did the real thing (Tandem) It was a blast all the way around!

3. CakePrincess

I forgot to add one more thing: where is the best place to skydive at?

4. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

I went skydiving a few years ago in Louisburg. Everyone was super nice there. It was a wonderful experience. I've done it twice and highly recommend it. You can also get it videotaped for an extra fee too. Really cool!!:hurray:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

there is a place down towards fayetteville that my friends went 2, they had a BLAST/

PS: I'm NOT going EVER! :ack:

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Here's the place down in Raeford.

www.paracletexp.com

I might get around to trying that. I'm not really ready for the fully blown skydiving experience just yet.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I *think* thats where my friends went, but that means I'd have to get up off this chair and go in the garage to get the webiste OFF the fridge. (it's on a sticker) :?

8. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i went there for my bday...it was a great experience. Next yr the real thing!!!

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband also wants to go really bad! Just recently seen a story about a place that does sky diving in Raeford NC that sounded reasonable,one of the things one of the instructors said during the story was that :"No" sounds an awful lot like "Go" :lol:when in comes to his customers jumping out of the plane.
    http://www.jumpraeford.com/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  10. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I did it many, many years ago ... before I got sooo old :) I went with a group in South Carolina who did their dive training out of a cow pasture. It was amazing how much all the farms looked alike from that high in the sky. I was very glad to be wearing a radio where they could tell me to go left or right ... otherwise I'm certain I would have landed miles away and would have had a long walk back to my car. It was a lot of fun.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think ya'll are crazy!!! BUT, I am afraid of heights and am not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!!

With that said, my grandfather was a paratrooper and I think it's very cool if you can get up the nerve.

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Our family did it - it was really fun! Its not cheap though, we had a gift certificate that we won that covered half, so that helped. :lol:

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Holla!!!

14. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Plan on going at least 2 times.

The 2nd time is even better because you have a baseline and kind of know what to expect.

3rd time is even better.

4th time was the best for me when we took our arms back and grabbed our butts which makes your body tilt almost head first toward the ground ... that was awesome!

Once under canopy, the dead silence is something to experience, too.

Oh, on the aircraft I went on (awhile back up in Franklin Co.) was small and I had to 1st step OUT of the plane onto a small platform on the wheel well under the wing while the plane flies straight and level. Once the instructor was clear the door we just rolled out into the wild blue.

I never once "lost" my stomach or felt the sensation of "falling".

Free falling should be on everyone's bucket list.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That sounds great.............................I still ain't doin' it!! :jester:

16. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I've used Jump Raeford twice... Recommend it highly.

17. CakePrincess

WOW! thanks for the tip! I read that the worse part is to jump out of the plane and freefalling for a minute before rip cord release. After that, I don't think it's too scary as jumping out of the plane, LOL.

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I've been twice. Everyone should do it at least once.

Carolina Sky Sports in Louisburg is where I went, but they're closed now. The closest place to do it is in Raeford.

19. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Made me think about Al :cheers:

20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

You don't need a chute. Just find a tall building and a red Charger.:lol:
    Crash-pad car