Skydiving!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I recall some study that was done of the biometric measurements of paratroopers at the three week School for Wayward Boys and Girls, better known as the US Army Parachute School, Fort Benning, GA.

The stress levels among almost all students at their first jumped peaked about a minute before the jump. Clearly the majority of students were over the worry of having to exit the aircraft, and were concentrating on the myriad of details of things that were going to happen, post exit.

Interestingly, for many, the most difficult jump was not the first, it was the second. It was for me. After the second, it becomes more of a mental checklist routine.

I will hasten to point out that a static line jump is different than freefalling and having to deploy your own silk.

I also recall what the issuing point NCOIC told me when I asked if he was sure the parachute was safe. "Sure!", he said. "If it doesn't work, bring it back after you land and I'll getcha another."

Airborne!

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Me too! He was a helluva guy.... And made a difference in my life more than once...

3. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Before anyone says it.....different "Al" :)

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I hope so! :jester:

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Love those folks who "work for a living"!!

If you ain't military, you won't understand.