?'s for those of you who do crafts

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 7, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I am interested in one of those machines that make vinyl cutouts. I've heard of the Cricut and Silhouette brands but I don't know much about either. Anyone here have an opinion about either of these or do you know of another brand that is good?

Secondly, I am thinking about switching from a high temp glue gun to a low temp. Anybody ever used a low temp and does it work just as well? Does it still give you blisters if you touch the glue?

Thanks!

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I have the small cricuit and LOVE IT, but it I had it to do again, I would have bought the bigger one that cuts the 12 inch patterns... you can do so much with this machine...

Can't answer about the glue gun...

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

About the glue-when I use it on some of my pottery,to glue on hangers for example,I like using Goop,they make it for all kinds of different materials.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have a low temp gun, it works fine as far as I can tell, it will still burn you, but I haven't been blistered like the older hot glue guns. The glues are different, so be sure not to get them mixed up if you have both.

5. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

I have had and used the Circut machine, its ok not the best quality. I now get most of my things made from DAH22 on her. She has a high quality high dollar machine :) and does a super fabulous job and has resonable prices!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Go natural! Snot - it's both a lubricant and an adhesive, and there is no risk of burning.

Of course there may be a reason my green art does not sell!

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hught, you is CRAZY!!!!! :jester: